Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Default Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Okay, here are somem ore:

1. In which 70s film did a Victorian scientist experiment with capturing the souls of those on the point of death and thereby give them immortality. Hint: the actor once played Sherlock Holmes.

2. In Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter, what did Professor Grost bury in boxes in order to detect if a vampire had passed by?

3. Synopsis: A couple find a badly injured man on the London Underground. After going for help, the man vanishes and they investigate what is going on, and find it began with a cave-in many decades before. Hint: Christopher Lee turns up in a cameo. What was the film?

4. In which film was Judy Geeson's character forcibly impregnated by an alien and then goes on a murderous rampage against her space exploration team fellow members?

5. Synopsis: A deranged museum worker reactivates a golem and uses it to kill his enemies. The Army become involved in trying to stop the golem. What was the film?

6. Who played the museum worker and which actress played his love interest--though the infatuation was purely one-sided.

1: The Asphyx.

2: ???

3: Death Line. If so something Donald the Great would have regretted doing.

4: Inseminoid

5: The Curse of the Golem. Or It.

6: Roddy McDowell. Have to think about the girl. Hint would be useful as would one for Captain Kronos as it is decades since I last saw that. A good selection staffslad.

Well done, Donald. The Asphyx and It! are not often shown anymore. It! impressed me mightily when I first saw it when I was about 11, especially when the golem gets nuked. Inseminoid is, of course, a Norman J Warren Alien clone, with a far smaller budget and more sleaze. Death Line has a slightly over-the-top Donald Pleasance as the detective hunting the Underground cannibal, and blink and you'll miss Christopher Lee. This one also has that air of sleaze that British films of the late 60s/early 70s seemed to naturally possess.

A hint for Captain Kronos is that Grost buried things that were dead but came to life when a vampire passed by.

A hint for the It! actress is that she turned up in a Tigon film that we have both previously said was very poor in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    Well done, Donald. The Asphyx and It! are not often shown anymore. It! impressed me mightily when I first saw it when I was about 11, especially when the golem gets nuked. Inseminoid is, of course, a Norman J Warren Alien clone, with a far smaller budget and more sleaze. Death Line has a slightly over-the-top Donald Pleasance as the detective hunting the Underground cannibal, and blink and you'll miss Christopher Lee. This one also has that air of sleaze that British films of the late 60s/early 70s seemed to naturally possess.

A hint for Captain Kronos is that Grost buried things that were dead but came to life when a vampire passed by.

A hint for the It! actress is that she turned up in a Tigon film that we have both previously said was very poor in this thread.
    Busy for now staffslad. get back to you on Sunday. Have a good weekend.