No announcement yet.

A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

I saw #2 recently and "odd" is right! Can't recall the title...

#5 was Jenny Hanley
    Last edited by zabadak; 01-03-2018, 14:36.
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
      I saw #2 recently and "odd" is right! Can't recall the title...

#5 was Jenny Hanley

Well done for getting Jenny Hanley.

Yes, it is a rather strange little film. Most unconventional, yet rather appropriate that the flamboyant Marianne Faithfull was in it.

Comment

And Soon the Darkness.

Will need time for rest. Off till Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
          And Soon the Darkness.

Will need time for rest. Off till Sunday.

That's the one, Donald. Far better than the remake. Good luck for the others and have a good weekend...how about sending us some warm Aussie weather?

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
            That's the one, Donald. Far better than the remake. Good luck for the others and have a good weekend...how about sending us some warm Aussie weather?
            As long as you dont send Beast from the East in return ha ha.

I recall it now. Ghost Story (74) she and her children played the ghosts.

Scars of Dracula (70) was the one with Waterman. Do not recall her..

No idea of Lees character unless I look it up. Sorry for poor effort staffslad.
            Last edited by Donald the Great; 04-03-2018, 03:12.

Comment

The Beast From The East has been an absolute nightmare, i got caught in the early hours on my way to work, luckily i was in walking distance so i abandoned my car and walked the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                The Beast From The East has been an absolute nightmare, i got caught in the early hours on my way to work, luckily i was in walking distance so i abandoned my car and walked the rest of the way.

Yes, it was rather nasty, particularly with that fierce wind. I am glad it seems to be calming down now, or it is where we live. Hope the Beast from the East remains in the east from now on.

Comment

Here are the answers...

3. Xtro. Probably inspired by Alien but set firmly on Earth. It was a bit controversial at the time due to nasty alien rape and birth scenes but is largely forgotten now.

4. Dracula's pseudonym was D.D. Denham. I've no idea where Hammer got that one from.

5. Friend Zabadak got this one...it was the luscious Jenny Hanley of Magpie fame. In Scars of Dracula, check out the scene near the end with Miss Hanley, a cross on a chain around her neck, a bat and a frighteningly low cut dress...

6. Reeves wanted Donald Pleasance for the Matthew Hopkins role but was overruled by the film's backers. Interesting to imagine what WG would have been like with DP as Hopkins instead of VP.

Sorry about the Jenny Hanley question, Donald, I didn't realise Magpie hadn't been shown in Australia. Hanley was a co-presenter of Magpie, ITV's answer to the BBC's Blue Peter...did Blue Peter get shown in Australia?

Ghost Story was such a weird one. I think I have seen it twice.

Comment

Yes, it was rather nasty, particularly with that fierce wind. I am glad it seems to be calming down now, or it is where we live. Hope the Beast from the East remains in the east from now on.
                    Reckon the "BEAST" was sent by Putin to punish "you capitalist pig" Nato members. Did you hear his former Soviet Union rhetoric yesterday and his bellicose talk of "their new ICBM" and underwater drone. This commie is itching for a a fight with the West.

Comment

Here are the answers...

3. Xtro. Probably inspired by Alien but set firmly on Earth. It was a bit controversial at the time due to nasty alien rape and birth scenes but is largely forgotten now.

4. Dracula's pseudonym was D.D. Denham. I've no idea where Hammer got that one from.

5. Friend Zabadak got this one...it was the luscious Jenny Hanley of Magpie fame. In Scars of Dracula, check out the scene near the end with Miss Hanley, a cross on a chain around her neck, a bat and a frighteningly low cut dress...

6. Reeves wanted Donald Pleasance for the Matthew Hopkins role but was overruled by the film's backers. Interesting to imagine what WG would have been like with DP as Hopkins instead of VP.

Sorry about the Jenny Hanley question, Donald, I didn't realise Magpie hadn't been shown in Australia. Hanley was a co-presenter of Magpie, ITV's answer to the BBC's Blue Peter...did Blue Peter get shown in Australia?

Ghost Story was such a weird one. I think I have seen it twice.
                      I recall once seeing EXTRO. Had forgotten about the GI Joe character. Will watch again.

No neither Magpire or Blue Peter made Aussie screens as far as I know. Jenny Hanley was hardly a Hammer leading lady was she.

Donald would have been a far better Hopkins than VP..then many would say I am biased.

D D Denham. No way would I remember that. I only knew CL as Drac.

I had an ok weekend.. you? I layed and replanted my front lawn. Staffslad you have not left me a new quiz.

Comment

My weekend was pretty quiet. No gardening here, unless you include snow-shifting in that.

Okay, here are a few more....

1. In a 1970s film, an actor who would become an ex-James Bond starred in a film in which he had the dual roles of a city worker and his evil doppelganger. What was the film and who played the dual role?

2. A Hammer film from the 60s featured a creature from Greek mythology. What was the film?

3. Synopsis: A disturbed girl is left alone in a flat over a weekend and gradually goes insane, having hallucenations and murdering callers. Name the film.

4. In Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell there is a scene during an operation where Frankenstein does something that was often snipped out of prints, but in these more liberal times is usually now included. What did he do? Hint: His mouth and a body part are involved.

5. In which film do a group of psychopaths escape from a hospital where they are being treated with experimental dream therapy. Believing they are dreaming, they come upon a group of teenage schoolgirls whose bus has broken down in a rural area with predictably gory results. What was the film?

6. In The Monster Club, which real life author was played by veteren actor John Carradine in the framing story?

Comment

1: There are five ex James Bonds. 2: One of my all time faves The Gorgon. Watched a new Bluray version only last week. 3: Is that Polanski's Replulsion.

4: kissed a nipple? no idea. So difficult to recall actual random scenes.

5: Killers Moon.. weird and totall surreal.

6: I saw this once. Will have a think on this

Comment

Need to have a think on I & 6. Will get back to you staffslad.

Comment

1.Hint: The actor died recently.

4. It was an internal body part, and more accurately it was his teeth he used.

6. The same writer's stories were adapted for FromBeyond the Grave

Well done on the rest, Donald. Killer's Moon is a real oddity. Repulsion is probably Polanski's best. The Gorgon has the Cush so it is automatically a favourite.

Comment

1: The Man Who haunted Himself. Roger Moore. I found myself enjoying this. You? I had planned to use this in my quiz.

4: Frankenstein did something with his teeth during an operation. I simply have no idea.

Is 6 Dennis Wheately?

Comment

Working...
                                X