No announcement yet.

A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    The delectable Caroline Munro was in both?

Something to go on with staffslad.

Captain Kronos.

Who wrote and directed CK

Name of gypsy girl Kronos and Grost take under their wing.

Why was she sentenced to the stocks.

Who played Paul Durward.

How do the Kronos group detect vampires.

Indeed it was Caroline Munro.

1. Brian Clemens.

2. Carla

3. She danced on a sunday...what a hussy.

4. Shane Briant

5. Grost buries dead toads and if a vampire passes by, they come to life.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
      Indeed it was Caroline Munro.

1. Brian Clemens. Yes. What a prolific writer this man was.

2. Carla Yes

3. She danced on a sunday...what a hussy. Something more sinister I read.

4. Shane Briant Has spent most of his life living and working in OZ.

5. Grost buries dead toads and if a vampire passes by, they come to life.
      Not what I was thinking of.

Comment

Not what I was thinking of.

3. Hmmm...When Kronos and Grost come upon Carla in the stocks, Kronos asks her "And what did you do?" She replies "I danced on a sunday" Sorry, can't think what else you could be referring to.

5. Have to have another think over this one.

Here are some more...

1. In Twins of Evil, what were the names of the twins--character names.

2. Which twin was the evil one?

3. Synopsis: A 50s depiction of the grave-robbers and murderers, Burke and Hare. What was the film?

4. Who played Dr Knox?

5. In which Amicus anthology film did an escaped lunatic dressed as Santa Claus menace Joan Collins?

6. Why didn't Collins's character ring the police?

Comment

3. Hmmm...When Kronos and Grost come upon Carla in the stocks, Kronos asks her "And what did you do?" She replies "I danced on a sunday" Sorry, can't think what else you could be referring to.

my reference of "not what I was thinking'' was to the last question.

Here are some more...

3. Synopsis: A 50s depiction of the grave-robbers and murderers, Burke and Hare. What was the film?

4. Who played Dr Knox?

5. In which Amicus anthology film did an escaped lunatic dressed as Santa Claus menace Joan Collins?

How do the Kronos group detect vampires.
          That was what I was referring to not gypsy girl. This is what I meant. Kronos, Grost, Marcus and Carla set up a network of alarm bells in the woods to announce the passage of vampires. You are correct about Carla. sorry to mislead you.
          Last edited by Donald the Great; 24-04-2018, 02:21.

Comment

Here are some more...

4. Who played Dr Knox?

Freida was one. recall she was the evil one.

Fiends of Terror or something wasnt it?

pass

Tales From the Crypt?

She had just sliced and diced her husband.

Comment

1. The other twin was Maria.

3. Not quite, it was The Flesh and the Fiends.

4. It was the Cush.

5. and 6. spot on

Tales from the Crypt is probably my favourite of the Amicus anthologies. It has that stand-out performance from Cushing, that deservedly won plaudits.

As a bonus, what was the source of the stories in the film Tales from the Crypt?

Comment

hi staffslad. will PM tomorow. The Cush and I have never seen it that I recall. An American comic.. same as the tales From the Crypt anthology which has been shown for many years in the US. Not surprising as the two Amicus founders were American. Will leave something tom. Is a public holiday today.. honoring our war dead.

Comment

Hey Donny are you receiving my PMs?

Comment

hi staffslad. will PM tomorow. The Cush and I have never seen it that I recall. An American comic.. same as the tales From the Crypt anthology which has been shown for many years in the US. Not surprising as the two Amicus founders were American. Will leave something tom. Is a public holiday today.. honoring our war dead.

Yes, both Tales from the Crypt and Vault of Horror were based on stories from EC horror comics from the 50s.

Okay, Donnie. I think the US also has a public holiday to honour their war dead as well. A worthy reason for a public holiday imo and I wish we had one here.

Comment

Are you doing anything special to mark the occasion Donny?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                        Are you doing anything special to mark the occasion Donny?
                        No Nuggs except watch several anti war films to remind us all of the horror, futility and brutality of war. One I watch every year is Kokoda.. a biopic of the battle by Aussie soldiers in PNG in 1942 that stopped the Japanese invading Australia. The Aussies, unfairly labelled "Chocos" (chocolates) as they were expected to melt under pressure, were truly heroes in every sense of the word being they were barely trained in jungle warfare..were also heavily out armed and out manned by the Japanese. I almost tear up everytime I watch Kokoda.
                        Last edited by Donald the Great; 26-04-2018, 02:50.

Comment

synopsis: An 1840s British surgeon, Dr. Thomas Bolton experiments with anesthetic gases in an effort to make surgery pain-free. While doing so, his demonstration before a panel of his peers ends in a horrific mishap with his patient awakening under the knife;

Who played an Inspector Donovan in a 1958 horror film.

What ancient queen are archaeologists searching for in The Mummy.

synopsis: A mystery writer baffles Scotland Yard with ingenious murders staged by his hypnotized helper

50s horror set in Victorian London (I think).. with killers, ghosts and a certain social reforming author.

Have good weekend. Talk on Sunday

Comment

No Nuggs except watch several anti war films to remind us all of the horror, futility and brutality of war. One I watch every year is Kokoda.. a biopic of the battle by Aussie soldiers in PNG in 1942 that stopped the Japanese invading Australia. The Aussies, unfairly labelled "Chocos" (chocolates) as they were expected to melt under pressure, were truly heroes in every sense of the word being they were barely trained in jungle warfare..were also heavily out armed and out manned by the Japanese. I almost tear up everytime I watch Kokoda.
                            Wartimes must have been awful. I've studied a lot of Social History Of Liverpool, i'm fascinated how people coped during war, i find the women very resourceful when it came to making meals, they rustled up a meal using anything from pigs trotters to offal, i could never eat these, but probably would have to if there was nothing else. I'll have a look at Kokoda on google later

Comment

synopsis: An 1840s British surgeon, Dr. Thomas Bolton experiments with anesthetic gases in an effort to make surgery pain-free. While doing so, his demonstration before a panel of his peers ends in a horrific mishap with his patient awakening under the knife;

Who played an Inspector Donovan in a 1958 horror film.

What ancient queen are archaeologists searching for in The Mummy.

synopsis: A mystery writer baffles Scotland Yard with ingenious murders staged by his hypnotized helper

50s horror set in Victorian London (I think).. with killers, ghosts and a certain social reforming author.

Have good weekend. Talk on Sunday

1. Corridors of Blood

2. Tricky...I've gone through every 1958 horror I can think of without success...clue?

3. Princess Ananka

4. Horrors of the Black Museum

5. Sounds like it could be the plot of Markheim but I am not sure.

Good set, Donald.

Comment

1. Corridors of Blood

2. Tricky...I've gone through every 1958 horror I can think of without success...clue?

3. Princess Ananka

4. Horrors of the Black Museum

5. Sounds like it could be the plot of Markheim but I am not sure.

Good set, Donald.
                                Must have been staffslad as I stumped you..

2: The great Christopher Lee had a role in it. Hint. Could say the lead had a "thrilling" time of it.

5: This also has the same lead actor as 2. synopsis: A researcher investigating a notorious serial killer who was hanged 20 years earlier seemingly becomes possessed by the long dead murderer.

Comment

Working...
                                X