Keith Chegwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Chegwin

Just had some news on the internet, Keith Chegwin has died aged sixty. Best remembered for Swap Shop. R.I.P.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Re: Keith Chegwin

Very sad to hear and so close to christmas which makes it worse.

He made appearance in sooty, the tomorrow people, extras,z cars, open all hrs,adventures of black beauty etc.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I loved Keith Chegwin, so sad to hear he has died. R.I.P.❤

Comment

I didn't even know he was ill - it was shock to hear it on the news.

I often think of him as being similar to minor celebs like Stu Francis.

I knew that he did have an alcohol problem during his later years, hence the Sun's "Cheggers Can't Be Boozers" headline. I hope that his illness wasn't linked to that.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I am absolutely stunned and saddened to hear the news. Swap Shop and Cheggers Plays Pop were an integral part of my pop culture youth back in the 70's and early 80's. Despite his inner demons with alcohol, he was always a kind, funny and consummate guy who always put a smile on people's faces. So sad that he's gone too soon. RIP, Cheggers! <3

Comment

That is very sad. I had no idea he had been ill. Yes, Keith was a part of growing up in the 70s and 80s. RIP Keith.

Comment

Very sad news.

As well as the above mentions I remember him being on Saturday Super Store, Cheggers Checks It Out, The Big Breakfast & a one-off programme about novelty songs.

This led to a CD of them called Chegger's Choice, which I have a copy of.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember an advert for a furniture company, probably Ikea back in the late 1990s or early 2000s, and they were selling various furniture, and the tagline was something like "you could get 30 Keith Chegwins for the price of that".

Cue 30 different Keith Chegwins appearing at once in the same scene of the advert - some bouncing on a bed, others sitting and talking to his own image etc...
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Very sad news.
                  Heather

Comment

What another pierce of terrible news indeed

For me I will always remember Keith Chegwin on Big Breakfast and what amazing antics went off on there - circa the mid 12990s

Rip Keith Chegwin

Comment

Loved Keith Chegwin On Swap Shop & Cheggers Plays Pop. Rip Cheggers Another Legend Gone.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Shame he will be best remembered for running completely starkers around that daft game show for about an hour !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Always felt Cheggers was such a lucky guy pulling Maggie Philbin; so hot she is
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                          X