• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let's Carry On.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    Here you go, Nuggy...

Carry on Cowboy was released in 1965.

It was set in Stodge City...a play on Dodge City.

I think Donald meant Judge Burke? That would have been Kenneth Williams.

The baddie was Johnny Finger aka the Rumpo Kid, played by the incomparable Sid James.
    Ahhhh now it's starting to sound familiar . Cowboy isn't on my list of repetitive watching, it's a good one though.

Comment

Okay I will leave a few.

1. In Cowboy, what was Charles Hawtrey's character called?

2. In Girls, Babs Windsor's character had previously won a beauty contest. What was it? Hint...it was Miss something.

3. In Jungle, what was the name of the legendary bird that Frankie Howard's character was searching for?
      Must have missed these staffslad.
      Charlie played an Indian. Big Hee Hee (or something similar).. Bresslaw was Little Hee Hee.
      Miss over rated Boobs Contest.
      Oozdum Bird or something like that.

Comment

New ones in Nugs absence.

Carry On female in Constable, Nurse and Sergeant later made the Hollywood big time alongside Sean Connery.

Hatties name in At Your Convenience.

Name of budgie in same film.

Who played the young love struck recruit in Sergeant.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
          Must have missed these staffslad.
          Charlie played an Indian. Big Hee Hee (or something similar).. Bresslaw was Little Hee Hee.
          Miss over rated Boobs Contest.
          Oozdum Bird or something like that.

Yes, he was Big Heap--or Heep--and Bernie was Little Heap--or Heep.

Babs was Miss Easy Rider--obviously a reference to Easy Rider with Peter Fonda and Jack Nicholson.

Yes, it was the Oozlum bird.

Comment

Yes, he was Big Heap--or Heep--and Bernie was Little Heap--or Heep.

Babs was Miss Easy Rider--obviously a reference to Easy Rider with Peter Fonda and Jack Nicholson.

Yes, it was the Oozlum bird.
            I think you should answer Donnys latest questions Staffslad, i only know the answer to two of them! Haha. Think i'll have to binge watch a few to refresh my memory!

Comment

Here you go, Nuggy...

Carry on Cowboy was released in 1965.

It was set in Stodge City...a play on Dodge City.

I think Donald meant Judge Burke? That would have been Kenneth Williams.

The baddie was Johnny Finger aka the Rumpo Kid, played by the incomparable Sid James.
              Well done staffslad! I think Donny and i have met our match with you

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                Well done staffslad! I think Donny and i have met our match with you

You are too kind, Nuggy. I much prefer the later films, so tend too remember more about them than the ones from the late 50s/early 60s, where only certain facts are in my memory.

Comment

I think you should answer Donnys latest questions Staffslad, i only know the answer to two of them! Haha. Think i'll have to binge watch a few to refresh my memory!

Okay, Nuggy, I'll have a go...

1. The lovely Shirley Eaton.

2. Beattie Plummer.

3. Joey--same name as a budgie we had in the 90s. Sadly, he didn't predict horse race winners but was a fine talker. Interestingly, Sid had a budgie of the same name in Bless this House.

4. I think that was Kenneth Connor, who had the hots for Dora Bryan's character, Nora.

Comment

2. Beattie Plummer.

3. Joey--same name as a budgie we had in the 90s. Sadly, he didn't predict horse race winners but was a fine talker. Interestingly, Sid had a budgie of the same name in Bless this House.

4. I think that was Kenneth Connor, who had the hots for Dora Bryan's character, Nora.
                    Sounds good to me! Donny will be on in a few hours to check your answers staffslad!

Comment

You are too kind, Nuggy. I much prefer the later films, so tend too remember more about them than the ones from the late 50s/early 60s, where only certain facts are in my memory.
                      I love 80s films, especially comedies, i enjoy horror films too but i scare very easily so don't watch too many of those

Comment

I love 80s films, especially comedies, i enjoy horror films too but i scare very easily so don't watch too many of those

I like films from the 30s through to the 80s. More modern films don't really interest me that much. My last trip to the cinema was to see Titanic, which bored me rigid. A Night to Remember was so much better and more accurate as to what happened. I like horror, comedies--particularly Brit comedies from the 70s, westerns, war, sci-fi. The only genre I steer clear of is romance, but even then there are exceptions like Brief Encounter and a superb little film from 1973 called Breezy, directed by Clint Eastwood, and starring William Holden and a very young Kay Lenz. If you get a chance to see it, then don't miss it.

Comment

2. Beattie Plummer.

You nailed all except the last one staffslad. It was Nora who had hots for Connor's character if memory serves. have another think.. then leave us some new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                            You nailed all except the last one staffslad. It was Nora who had hots for Connor's character if memory serves. have another think.. then leave us some new ones.

You're right, of course, it was Nora who had the hots for Connors' character at first. I think, then, that you are referring to Bob Monkhouse, who had just married Shirley Eaton when his conscription papers came through.

If that's right, then I will post some more later.

Comment

A few more...

1. In Carry on Abroad, what was the name of the resort?

2. In Carry on Girls, who was the leader of the feminists determined to wreck the beauty contest? (character name)

3. In Carry on at your Convenience, what was the item that Kenneth Williams' character was very reluctant to make in his factory?

Comment

Elsbels? Not sure of spelling.

Augusta Prodworthy

A bidet.

Comment

Working...
                                X