Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let's Carry On.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    That, I think, would be Charles Hawtrey.
    Spot on staffslad. Your up

Comment

Which prominent Carry On actor has recorded audio books of the Harry Potter series?

Comment

Which prominent Carry On actor has recorded audio books of the Harry Potter series?
        I will be honest I Know this in reverse it's Jim Dale and I now know he was in The carry on series of films.
        Always ready for chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlyn View Post
          I will be honest I Know this in reverse it's Jim Dale and I now know he was in The carry on series of films.

Spot on. TBH I am not really sure why the Stephen Fry audio book recordings were not used for the US market, instead of going to the expense of having Jim Dale also record them, much as I like and respect Jim Dale.

Comment

In Carry on Columbus, June Whitfield played Queen Isabella, but two other actresses had turned down the role. Can you name either of them?

Comment

Spot on. TBH I am not really sure why the Stephen Fry audio book recordings were not used for the US market, instead of going to the expense of having Jim Dale also record them, much as I like and respect Jim Dale.
              I would love Stephen fry to be my Dad.
              Always ready for chat.

Comment

In Carry on Columbus, June Whitfield played Queen Isabella, but two other actresses had turned down the role. Can you name either of them?
                Was Joan Sims still alive then? I will say her.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                  Was Joan Sims still alive then? I will say her.

Yes, Joan Sims was one. Care to have a go at the other actress?

Comment

Yes, Joan Sims was one. Care to have a go at the other actress?
                    Dilys Laye.

Comment

WHO AM I:
                      I became hooked on show business while at school taking dancing lessons in my spare time. while working in a shoe factory. I was chosen as one of Carol Levis' Discoveries (The forerunner of talent shows). I then worked as a teenage stand up comic before began making a name for myself as a pop singer & tv personality.

Comment

WHO AM I:
                        I became hooked on show business while at school taking dancing lessons in my spare time. while working in a shoe factory. I was chosen as one of Carol Levis' Discoveries (The forerunner of talent shows). I then worked as a teenage stand up comic before began making a name for myself as a pop singer & tv personality.
                        Any chance of a clue from the nineties please.
                        Always ready for chat.

Comment

nineties?

Comment

I'm not totally confident, but I'll take a guess at Jim Dale, as I know he was a singer and did some stand-up when he was young.

Comment

I'm not totally confident, but I'll take a guess at Jim Dale, as I know he was a singer and did some stand-up when he was young.
                              You got him staffslad. A man of many talents is Jim.

Comment

nineties?
                                Yes, sorry, meaning something they may have been in during my time unless they passed on before, have they been in a mainstream comedy from the late eighties or early nineties... Or soap.
                                Always ready for chat.

Comment

Working...
                                X