Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let's Carry On.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    4. Wasn't it made by the local monks at their monastry? And we got to see Sid James in a monk's habit.

5. I think it was Sid James and Joan Sims.
    Yes to first answer no to second.

Comment

Where is my quizz guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
        Yes to first answer no to second.

Hmmmm...then I would guess at Kenneth Connor and June Whitfield.

I'll post some questions later, Donald.

Comment

Here you go...

1. In Doctor, who was the actress that Bernard Bresslaw's character kept trying to visit in the women's ward?

2. Also in Doctor, what was the fruit that Peter Butterworth's character's wife brought for him and ended up eating all herself?

3. In Camping, what malady did Dilys Laye's character suffer from?

4. In Jungle, what was the name of the king of the Lubby-Dubby tribe and played by Charles Hawtrey?

5. In Henry, what turned off King Henry about his new queen (Joan Sims)?

6. In Convenience, what was the occupation of Charles Hawtrey's character?

Good luck...

Comment

Dilys Laye

grapes

the runs

Grand something?

her garlic breath

One of the execs?

How was your weekend staffslad.

Comment

For which Carry On regular was 'Abroad' their last venture with the team?

Peter Butterworth made his debut with the Carry Ons in which film?

Here Come the Men in Skirts was the Spanish and South American title for which Carry On?

What was the first Carry On not to feature Kenneth Williams?

Which popular TV detective made 5 appearances in the Carry On Series?

Who played Princess Jelhi, Lady Jane Ponsonby and Annie Oakly in the series?

The roles of the King and Queen of Spain in Carry On Columbus were played by Leslie Philips and June Whitfield, but which former stars were originally offered the parts?

Comment

Dilys Laye

grapes

the runs

Grand something?

her garlic breath

One of the execs?

How was your weekend staffslad.
                The malady of Dilys Laye in Camping was car travel sickness, but she may have had the runs as well.

Hawtrey played Tonka in Jungle.

Hawtrey was the toilet designer for W.C Boggs in Convenience.

My weekend was fine. Very quiet and the weather is picking up now thank goodness.

Comment

For which Carry On regular was 'Abroad' their last venture with the team?

Peter Butterworth made his debut with the Carry Ons in which film?

Here Come the Men in Skirts was the Spanish and South American title for which Carry On?

What was the first Carry On not to feature Kenneth Williams?

Which popular TV detective made 5 appearances in the Carry On Series?

Who played Princess Jelhi, Lady Jane Ponsonby and Annie Oakly in the series?

The roles of the King and Queen of Spain in Carry On Columbus were played by Leslie Philips and June Whitfield, but which former stars were originally offered the parts?

1. Charles Hawtrey

2. Carry on Cowboy

3. Carry on Up the Khyber

4. I think it was Carry on Cabbie

5. Hmmmm...have to think about that one

6. Angela Douglas

7. Frankie Howard was to be the king but died prior to filming. I will guess Joan Sims as queen

Comment

Cabby it was. rest are correct as per usual staffslad. hint: Two films this tv detective was in were Constable & Loving.

Where are your new ones? Fires here have been contained. Got rather hairy there for a bit.
                    Last edited by Donald the Great; 17-04-2018, 23:55.

Comment

1. In Again Doctor, what shaped items did Babs Windsor wear to preserve her modesty?

2. In Girls, what mode of transport did Sid James and Barbara Windsor use to escape the town at the film's end?

3. In England, who played the Sergeant Major?

4. In Emanuelle, who played Emanuelle?

5. In Cowboy, who did Sid James play?

6. In Screaming, what was the name of the mummy that Kenneth Williams wanted to bring back to life?

Still mulling over the detective...

Glad to hear it has quietened down now, Donald.

Comment

Sorry jumped the gun about not leaving me anything. figured you had retired for the nite.

The person you are after is a woman. You were thinking a male detective?

That is a good bunch of puzzlers mate. Pass on Screaming.

boobie pasties

a go kart?

Windsor Davies

Need a think on her. I can picture her face. She was also in a Hammer Horror segment about a ancient demon.

Rumpo Kid.

Fire is all but out now here Wednesday 2pm. Just mopping up says the news bulletin. It burnt out about 3000hectares. That is a lot of ground.
                        Last edited by Donald the Great; 18-04-2018, 04:30.

Comment

The detective is Miss Marple, played by Joan Hickson. You were right that I was thinking of male detectives.

Yes, they covered her boobs and groin, but do you know what shape the coverings were?

Sid used a go-kart in escaping from the irate townspeople, but he and Babs used a different form of transport to escape the town.

Yes, Windsor Davies was the Sergeant-Major.

It was, indeed, the Rumpo Kid.

The mummy in Screaming was Rubbatiti.

As a bonus, a male Carry On actor also played a very unique TV detective. Can you name actor and detective?

Comment

Werent they heart shaped?

I only recall a go kart.

You referring to John Pertwee. Is Dr Who a detective too?

Comment

New ones for you and Nuggs.

Name the actress that appeared in three Carry Ons and later in a Bond film.

James character in Convenience, and his job.

What revelation does Sid and wife find in their home.

Name the actor in Sergeant who went onto a successful tv career.

Which of the 'Carry On' films tagline was, 'Up your anchor for a well crewed trip'?

Comment

Werent they heart shaped?

I only recall a go kart.

You referring to John Pertwee. Is Dr Who a detective too?

Yes, they were heart-shaped.

Right at the end of Girls, Sid and Babs escape on Babs motor cycle--she was Miss Easy Rider.

The male detective was Kenneth Cope, who played Marty Hopkirk in Randall and Hopkirk (deceased). His uniqueness was that he was dead and appeared as a ghost to help Randall solve crimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X