Let's Carry On.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let's Carry On.

Are you referring to Dame Barbara Windsor? I know she has had a long career in pantomime.

Comment

you said yourself panto dames are blokes.

Comment

It is Terry Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
          It is Terry Scott.

Now that has surprised me as I didn't know he was that much into pantomime. I remember him from the CurlyWurly ads in the 70s with him dressed as a schoolboy.

Which Carry On actress was a Jack the Ripper victim in a 60s film?

Comment

I am thinking the film was A Study in Terror. Wild guess Babs. Or is it one of the more obscure Carry On actresses such as Amanda Barrie or Valerie Leon.

Comment

I am thinking the film was A Study in Terror. Wild guess Babs. Or is it one of the more obscure Carry On actresses such as Amanda Barrie or Valerie Leon.

It was Barbara Windsor in A Study in Terror, so well done.

How about this one? Which Carry On Star starred in a 60s musical in which he played a taxi driver aiding an Italian movie star in collecting certain objects around London?

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post

How about this one? Which Carry On Star starred in a 60s musical in which he played a taxi driver aiding an Italian movie star in collecting certain objects around London?
                Never watch musicals as a rule.. except Sound of Music. Wild stab.. Jim Dale as he was a musician.

Comment

Never watch musicals as a rule.. except Sound of Music. Wild stab.. Jim Dale as he was a musician.

Not Jim Dale.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post

Sid James?
                    Always ready for chat.

Comment

@Caitlyn. Your turn to confuse and bewilder our brain cells.

Still waiting for you on Sitcom game.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlyn View Post
                        Sid James?

Spot on. It was Sid James in Three Hats for Lisa. Lisa was an Italian movie star, and Una Stubbs and Joe Brown (as fans) meet her at the airport where she confides that while she is in London she wants to collect a policeman's helmet, a guardsman's bearskin and, I think, a bowler. Sid James ferries the group around and aids in getting the hats. Only seen this one once, when ATV or Central showed it one morning circa 1980 in the summer holidays. Even though I am no fan of musicals I quite enjoyed it.

Comment

Yours Caitlyn. Great that you answer but we also need you to post.. thankyou.

Comment

Caitlyn seems to have left us.

I will leave both a synopsis and an image.

WHO AM I:
                            I was born in Cheshire in 1935 and was named after the Depression-era child star Shirley Temple. I was trained in singing and in dance, particularly ballet and as a youngster won a talent contest before my mother took me for acting lessons.

Our mystery person was in this film. Can you name it.

Comment

Rephrase. Our mystery person was in this film. Doctor In Distress.

Comment

Rephrase. Our mystery person was in this film. Doctor In Distress.
                                fenella fielding
                                amanda barrie
                                peter butterworth

all three were in doctor in distress.....yes i cheated
                                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                                X