amanda barrie
    peter butterworth

all three were in doctor in distress.....yes i cheated
    It is one of them.. which one.

Comment

• Re: Let's Carry On.

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
      It is one of them.. which one.

Fenella was in her 90s when she passed away recently, so born before 1935. I cannot imagine PeterButterworth doing ballet. I will go for Amanda Barrie, and as Cleopatra, who wouldn't?

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
        Fenella was in her 90s when she passed away recently, so born before 1935. I cannot imagine PeterButterworth doing ballet. I will go for Amanda Barrie, and as Cleopatra, who wouldn't?
        You been away mate? Amanda Barrie it is.

Comment

Name two non Carry On films Joan Sims made.

Comment

Name two non Carry On films Joan Sims made.
            Funny you should ask this question Donald, just yesterday i was watching a 1958 film called"lost" it was about a stolen baby and Joan appeared as an ice cream vendor, probably 20 seconds screen time. Also if you pay attention a very young Babs windsor as a shop customer. Joan also appeared in the blond bombshells in a later role.
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

which carry on actor does John lennon make (spoken) reference to on the Beatles song "two of us" from the let it be album?

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                Funny you should ask this question Donald, just yesterday i was watching a 1958 film called"lost" it was about a stolen baby and Joan appeared as an ice cream vendor, probably 20 seconds screen time. Also if you pay attention a very young Babs windsor as a shop customer. Joan also appeared in the blond bombshells in a later role.
                I saw Lost a while back too tex.. Did you enjoy it? It was made three years before Joanie made Carry On Nurse.. she was just out of RADA. She was also in the humorous Nurse on Wheels (1963). This had a Carry On feel about it. Not sure I have seen Blonde Bombshells.

Comment

which carry on actor does John lennon make (spoken) reference to on the Beatles song "two of us" from the let it be album?
                  Stab in the dark. Jim Dale as he was a musician.

Comment

Stab in the dark. Jim Dale as he was a musician.
                    Try again.

Comment

I saw Lost a while back too tex.. Did you enjoy it? It was made three years before Joanie made Carry On Nurse.. she was just out of RADA. She was also in the humorous Nurse on Wheels (1963). This had a Carry On feel about it. Not sure I have seen Blonde Bombshells.
                      I enjoyed LOST a lot but some of the acting was poor at best, did you spot Babs windsor in the shop? blink and you could miss it.

Comment

I enjoyed LOST a lot but some of the acting was poor at best, did you spot Babs windsor in the shop? blink and you could miss it.
                        I did blink. Yes David Farrar can be a little wooden. But I usually enjoyed his work.

Staffs would likely know the answer to yours. Another stab Kenneth Williams.

Comment

I did blink. Yes David Farrar can be a little wooden. But I usually enjoyed his work.

Staffs would likely know the answer to yours. Another stab Kenneth Williams.
                          Not Ken williams either

Comment

without going thru the lot of them one by one. Sid James, Kenneth Connor, Bernie Bresslaw, Charles Hawtrey..and the annoying Frankie Howerd. One of those?

Comment

Peter Butterworth met someone as a POW.. who and what significance did it have on his career?

Comment

without going thru the lot of them one by one. Sid James, Kenneth Connor, Bernie Bresslaw, Charles Hawtrey..and the annoying Frankie Howerd. One of those?
                                Mmmm, do i detect some impatience here Donald...Hawtrey is the answer, play the first 10 seconds
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQox8e9688

Comment

Working...
                                X