You told me to take the glory So I am
        Heather

Comment

Re: 1977, queens jubilee

So i did, carry on revelling in your glory
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Me and my Bro and Sis @ our Silver Jubilee Party.

Comment

great photo Mull
              Heather

Comment

The only memory I have of this (I'd have been two at the time) is rolling up my trousers to display my union-jack socks and the chubbiest set of pins known to mankind! I bumped into an auntie I'd not seen for a couple of years last week, who was very quick to remind me of said event!
                "My Dad's taller than your Dad."

Comment

We had a street party in the flats that we lived in at the time, I was five (and a half) and my brother was three. I dressed up as Evel Kenevel and my brother was the 6 million dollar man...I think. We also have some pics of the time but they are on 'slide' format. I must dig them out. I was crowned Prince for the day and the 8 years old girl from upstairs was the Princess, I was told that I had to KISS this giirrrrlll but I just refused, I hope she's not to traumatized.
                  I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

We had a street parade doe through my school. We got a mug which I still have somewhere.

There is a picture of me in the parade. A couple of us rode our bikes all done up in red, white and blue. I will attempt to get it and post it at some point.
                    Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                    But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                    sigpic

Comment

It was a hot summer, my wife was carrying my daughter vicki

Comment

Was all day opening!!!
                        Commonplace nowadays but unheard of at the time ( unless you knew the secret knock and were pally with the landlord)

What a hangover head the next day - still get twinges when Jubiliee gets mentioned LOL ( aint stopped me but )

Comment

We decorated the house and there was a street party but not on our street in the hall of a local factory.
                          There was a fancy dress competition my 6 month old sister was wrapped in red,blue and white bunting as baby bunting, my brother was Concorde and I was a jubilee mug.

I collected royal memorabilia and have all kinds of things mugs, coins, biscuit and sweet tins, trays, plates, corgi and matchbox buses and beer etc.

Chocolate was in special wrappers. They sold playing cards with it on too.
                          Last edited by Heather74; 17-12-2008, 00:45.
                          One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Strange, I was 19 at the time so it wasn't that I was too young to remember......but I don't think it was celebrated as much this far north. I certainly can't remember any street parties!

Comment

That was one hot bloody summer!! My wife was carrying our daughter vicki; how she managed is only for her to know.

Comment

I remember the street party in our road. There were trestle tables laid out full of food and drink, and a fancy dress party for the kids. I went as Captain Britain, dressed in red and with the plastic Captain Britain chest piece and cardboard mask and union jack wristbands given away with the Captain's comic. I didn't win. That was Elaine bloody Starns as a fairy princess...
                                Last edited by sixtyten; 17-12-2008, 14:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X