1977, queens jubilee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1977, queens jubilee

Feel disappointed to have missed out but I was only one year old and I don't remember anything. I haven't heard my parents talk of any street parties though, so I don't think we had one.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

i found this in a storage box the other day. i got this from the primary school that i was at.

i'm now curious to know if any other councils send these out to primary schools as a memento of the silver jubilee ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
        It wouldn't have impacted on me so much if it weren't for this...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy the Sex Pistol's river tribute "God save the Queen" I think it was called
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

We had a street party with fancy dress. I know my folks still have photos from it, I should dig them out and upload them next time i'm back home.

Comment

I have very little recollection of the Silver Jubilee as I was only two at the time. I do, however, have a rather splendid photo of my street gathering. I'm the one one the floor in the front row not paying attention. Lol Nothing has changed.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I remember we each got a medallion and certificate at school. I think it was aluminium though, not silver. My Mother was in school when Elizabeth II was originally crowned and they got a medallion as well only theirs was copper or brass. They also went to the cinema to see the whole affair on film. Tiny flags may well have been involved then, but in 1977 I don't remember getting one.

Aside from that I remember some sorts of large over-sized postage stamps with silver ink, and Coronation Street appropriately had some sort of street fete to mark the occasion with Julie Goodyear having particularly large Union Jack earrings or summat.
              My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
              X