Is this the best xmas song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the best xmas song?

I consider this to be the best Cristmas song but it is never played. It came out in 1975 and got to Number 2 in the pop charts only to be beaten by Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.
    I Believe in Father Christmas, by Greg Lake.

Is there agreement amongst you?

Re: Is this the best xmas song?

I would disagree when you say that it is never played - I do think that the radio stations play it, but not as much as other Christmas songs. However, it is a great song, just like many others.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

My favourite is George Michael's - just makes me so sad now though.
      Close second has to be Maria Carey's ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

"Stop the Cavalry", Jona Lewie, IMHO.

Comment

Mine is this one by Kate Bush

Attached Files
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

All these are great and I love that George Michael Video in the Alps - it's the a top one no ddoubts

My favourite Xma Song will always be A Fairytale Of New York - which combined with the Irish Magic of music and Kirssty's stunning voice and Shane's in-situ act of performing as a drunked to perfection truly does make it magical (and further combined with the Videos of NYC at Xmas) too

80sChav

Comment

I think the best Christmas song is a standard Christmas carol. although I found it in the performance of an unknown DJ and it was a very cool remix with a powerful bass
              __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
              promotion of the application will be possible with the help of buy google play ratings which you can get on our website from professionals

Comment

I was thinking about a couple of songs that are never played, not even at Christmas. The obvious ones (by Glitter, R Harris, J King et al) obviously don't count.

The first was that Christmas song by Hurts from around 2010 - it was played a bit in that year (I know that Ken Bruce gave it a few spins on his show), but I have never heard since, apart from on YT that is. Has it been banned because of some reason or other, or has it just been forgotten about?

Also, that traditional Spanish one "I want to wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart" which Boney M did a cover version - not Mary's Boy's Child of course. I prefer the original version.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Noddy holders golden ticket, Merry christmas everybody
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Yes, Slade's 1973 Christmas number one is one of my favourites as well - I love the optimistic lyrics "look to the future now, it's only just begun" which is like a message saying that the New Year ahead will be a lot better.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Rule number 1 - this is the best Christmas song ever:

Rule number 2 - if the above song is not the best Christmas song ever - refer to Rule number 1...

Comment

I have heard the song mentioned rarely, I thought it was a nice song but not my favourite. I agree that The Pogues Fairytale of New York is one of THE best and is amongst my favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                          I was thinking about a couple of songs that are never played, not even at Christmas. The obvious ones (by Glitter, R Harris, J King et al) obviously don't count.

The first was that Christmas song by Hurts from around 2010 - it was played a bit in that year (I know that Ken Bruce gave it a few spins on his show), but I have never heard since, apart from on YT that is. Has it been banned because of some reason or other, or has it just been forgotten about?

Also, that traditional Spanish one "I want to wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart" which Boney M did a cover version - not Mary's Boy's Child of course. I prefer the original version.
                          A coupla Goodies!

Attached Files
                          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                          X