Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Shot Plea for help!

Hello all,

I have been trying to track down this tv show from itv in what must have been the 80's. I remember rushing home each week to watch but for the life cannot find any reference to it and as far as I know it was never repeated.

I recall it was a dramatized serial within a tv series possibly was The Book Tower. Every week they would show a short part of the series which I always thought was called Running Scared but it doesn't seem to come up in any searches. I can't remember a huge amount it, but there was a boy that had been kidnapped by a couple and were holed up in a house. They dyed his hair and he had tried to throw a help me note out of the window but it had failed. At the very end they were In a field and the man says to the boy "run boy run" and pulls out a gun. The boy starts running and you hear a gun shot then you see the woman has shot the man.

This stayed with me for ages and I do still think about it now and again and would love to find it (or the book) and see it again.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Re: Long Shot Plea for help!

Originally posted by Dandelion View Post
    Hello all,

I have been trying to track down this tv show from itv in what must have been the 80's. I remember rushing home each week to watch but for the life cannot find any reference to it and as far as I know it was never repeated.

I recall it was a dramatized serial within a tv series possibly was The Book Tower. Every week they would show a short part of the series which I always thought was called Running Scared but it doesn't seem to come up in any searches. I can't remember a huge amount it, but there was a boy that had been kidnapped by a couple and were holed up in a house. They dyed his hair and he had tried to throw a help me note out of the window but it had failed. At the very end they were In a field and the man says to the boy "run boy run" and pulls out a gun. The boy starts running and you hear a gun shot then you see the woman has shot the man.

This stayed with me for ages and I do still think about it now and again and would love to find it (or the book) and see it again.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.
    Did the boy have measles/ spots? It sounds familiar, not sure what it's called though.

Comment

I'm sure I've seen this too with the hair colouring change and all. I will have to have a look through my telly encyclopedias as I remember one of them went into detail about it. I think it was TVS production off the top of my head. It might not exist anymore as with some of the Dramaramas.
      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Well I went through my books on old TV a bit. I was sure the program was detailed in the book The Hill And Beyond, and fairly exactly as it was the dyed hair and being on the run that rang the bell with me... but I must've run across it in something else and I have a lot of books and magazines. I might not be any help after all, sorry. :cry:
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
        X