KP Choc Dips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KP Choc Dips

I am sure that most people remembers KP Choc Dips in their plastic container that had a compartment of chocolate sauce and a deeper one for biscuit dippers, where one would dip them into the sauce.

They are another one of those "they probably don't make them anymore because they are no longer advertised on TV" products. I am certain that they make a comeback every few years, but you would never find them if you were deliberately looking for them. A bit like Heinz Toast Toppers.

I think that they did a white chocolate one - and perhaps a caramel or even an orange version? Perhaps the old memory is cheating on me in this early hour.

And I am certain that the KP factory in Ashby-de-la-Zouch still does mass production of them even to this very day - I believe that it is mostly corner shops and off-licences that would most likely sell them these days, somewhere close to either chocolate or crisps are sold on the shelves.

There are two adverts for them on YouTube that I can see at the moment - one from 1985 with some mischievous grannies on swings (and a greengrocer in brown trousers, who ends up with a tomato on his nose "Comic Relief"-style, and one from 1987 which parodies a 1960s Rediffusion pop music show. There is even a 1991 advert with a sub-Pet Shop Boys MTV parody on it.

I am certain that I am not the only one who remembers them.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: KP Choc Dips

They are featured on the KP website and available in both chocolate and white chocolate. Can't say I have noticed them in stock anywhere in recent years but they are listed by Sainsbury's and apparently made in the UK under license from a Japanese company. Maybe they are not always available but offered as a seasonal/occasional product?

Comment

There was a strawberry version at one time, I remember them being advertised in the Beano at the turn of the 1990s.

I've noticed a few products aren't advertised on TV & only sold through certain shops, making it hard to know if they are still around.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Still sold in Sainsburys, Asda and B&M and i think Ive seen them in JTF too.
        Heather

Comment

YES GEORGE1978

I DO INDEED REMEMBER THEM.

I JUST COULD NOT GET ENOUGH OF THEM.
          THE CHOCOLATE WAS SO WONDERFUL AS WELL AS THE DIPS.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The amount of chocolate included was very little when you think about how many biscuits there was - now, if you had a jar of Nutella, that would be great to dip into!

Although they are still sold in various stores as Heather has just said, I do feel that their peak was in the mid 1980s and they are rather incognito these days.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
              Still sold in Sainsburys, Asda and B&M and i think Ive seen them in JTF too.
              My local B+M sells them for 39p each

Comment

I think there were some similar wannabe products, which were the ones we would doubtless have had in our house.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                  My local B+M sells them for 39p each
                  They had cost only 19p back in 1985.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...