"Christmas Means ITV" ident, jingle ,advert from 1970s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Christmas Means ITV" ident, jingle ,advert from 1970s

I remember this little tune that was on TV at Christmas one year in the early 1970s. It would be on inbetween programs or during ad breaks on STV and I assume across all ITV networks.

If I remember right it would be on the tail end of one of those mini ads showing you what was coming up on ITV over the Xmas period

It was a little verse and if I remember it was across 10 bars with the last 2 bars being the words "Xmas means, I.T.V"

Other words I remember were "there's magic in the air"

The timeing went something like this

1 Christ-
    2 mas
    3 means
    4 (rest)

1 I.
    2 T.
    3 V.
    4 (rest)

Hope that gives you an idea. Don't really know how to convey the tune to you.

the tune would accompany a little animated graphic, something along the lines of baubles and ribbons

Anyone else remember this? What year was it from?

Anyone got a link to a video of this somewhere

cheers
    Last edited by goodtimes; 29-12-2017, 17:39. Reason: spelling in title

Re: "Christmas Means ITV" ident, jingle ,advert from 1970s

Mentions it here http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/itw/fe...Christmas.html and https://www.transdiffusion.org/2007/...0_years_ago_to
    Heather

Comment

Seen that and it seems to refer to 1979.
      Also saw a tvtimes cover from 1974 and it looks to be the same logo
      Trying to remember if the slogan "Christmas Means ITV" was used every year, but the tune I refer to was definitely only for one year

Comment

They were quite nice idents and jingles, in the days when the regions did different programmes - at least you know that when it came to Christmas time, ITV wasn't so bad when it came to entertainment. And soap operas didn't dominate back then either.

I wish that we could go back to those days. Christmas episodes of 3-2-1 and Morecambe and Wise - it will never be like that again of course.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

As far as I remember it went '' Christmas means ITV all the stars you want to see are here on ITV'' and repeats Christmas means ITV.

Comment

This was only used once because of the controversy of the religious aspects of christmas.

Comment

Working...
            X