Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refusing to go to school

Default Re: Refusing to go to school

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    Dropping out of school gives little life chances. Mostly it would be an uphill lifestyle.
    I dispute this. There are more opportunities to learn stuff nowadays outside of school than at any time in the past. Most of the secondary school curriculum is just to pass GCSEs and isn't needed in everyday life or most employment. You can take GCSEs as an external candidate at any age.

For many kids secondary school is a waste of time that could be better used to learn other stuff instead. It's quite common for teaching quality to be so bad and kids so disruptive that you can learn more outside of school than in.

I really meant dropping out of education completely.
    GCSEs are important. You may not need some qualifications now, but later it may be a requirement.

In fifth year (now year 12) I used to skive most days

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pussywillow View Post
    Exactly the same here Zincubus. I know I've gone on and on about that foul grammar school I went to, but try this : a few 'friends' I had made at Primary school went to the same grammar school as me, and I thought 'great this won't be so bad'.

BUT every boy I knew was put in a DIFFERENT form to me and a DIFFERENT house. So, I was on my own with all the rich kids from the surrounding villages who just ignored me. Like you Zincubus I had 5 damned years of this, until the fifth year when I finally had the guts to say enough is enough and just didn't bother any more.

It was'nt quite that this was the case for me, Pussywillow - biut as I have said in other threads - at Primary , me and my friends was "like that", in we all had about a group of 4 to 6 of us and some was better mates with others than others or we had "alternative" best mates each week, but 1 kid I distinctlyt recall as a "half mate/to occasional best mate" in Primary, saying in Secondary 2yer I will be be your friend (for this show we was doing in Year 7/First Year), then in leighmans terms cutting it down to a tea, we fall out the next day and you are'nt my friend, then"!!

At Secondary I had 2 best mates but one we just drifted about and met again fleetingly in 9 and the mid nouties, but like all my life - he was another friend or 99.7% "robbed and stolen off me", like every other friend I have had the pleasure of having had

Thougfh back to refusing to go in I now take much solice from the fact that the guy at the show was past a looser - and though I forgive him for pretending he had a drink I could share if I did'nt mind poison being in it - that he became one mega Anti-Sociasl creep and looser who amounted to nothing but spending a high proprtion of his 20s being sick in Taxi's and probably too having a dead for nothing Job as a McDonalds Deputy Boss! That gives me great satisfaction - not of wishing ill on him and other bullies, but sticking through those times and seeing the horrible, horrible way life and particulary the way so-called friends in (and out of School in how they could be) and knowing life was 2yeah not perfect or a bed of Roses/but nowhere even 25% of out of a 100%) perfect

80sChav