Rip Cyrille Regis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip Cyrille Regis

The Ex-Fopootball player Cyrille Regis has sadly passed away today aged 59 years of age. Cyrille played for West Brom and famously in Coventrey's amazing 1987 Cup Final Win (which I would argue par Liverpool-Wimbledon in 1988, and Liverpool- West Ham in the mid 2000s is one of the greatest Final's of the more recent/slightly decent past) I would say. Cyrille's Brother Dave also played for my beloved Barnsley FC in the mid 1990s - which is in many a way how I am aware of Cyrille's Footballing Career.

Rip Cyrille Regis
    Last edited by 80sChav; 16-01-2018, 00:50. Reason: Error

Re: Rip Cyrille Regis

Very sad news that he has passed away at so young an age. I can remember seeing him on Match of the Day and Star Soccer in the 70s and 80s. He suffered much abuse from mindless idiots but came through it and was an inspiration to many, and by all accounts was a thoroughly decent man Rip Cyrille.

Comment

He and his wife had planned a holiday nxt month abroad to celebrate his 60th birthday.

Not only a very talented player but he did so much for people of his colour and took some awful abuse.

R i p cyrille.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Sad news, he was cousin to John Regis IIRC.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          He and his wife had planned a holiday nxt month abroad to celebrate his 60th birthday.

Not only a very talented player but he did so much for people of his colour and took some awful abuse.

R i p cyrille.
          This is highly true Darren mate , yes. Along with Viv Anderson, Cyrille and the Fashanu Brothers and the Wallace Brothers pioneeered his Career just like Diana Ross and Motown in Music did

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            This is highly true Darren mate , yes. Along with Viv Anderson, Cyrille and the Fashanu Brothers and the Wallace Brothers pioneeered his Career just like Diana Ross and Motown in Music did
            The 3 degrees, Laurie Cunningham, Brendon Batson & Remi Moses (not Sheila, Helen & Val!) were also important, playing together at West Bromwich Albion.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

r.i.p cyrille.

Comment

Working...
              X