Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of Kids TV show?

Hi there

I can recall watching a kids TV show circa 1992 set in a studio hosted by a man who may have been named Mike and may be Australian

Every so often he would shout "Its time to go bananas!!!" And sirens would sound and the crowd would cheer and they start an impromptu game between two contestants.

Any ideas what it was called?

Re: Name of Kids TV show?

Greetings Shibusa

After some Google surfing I may have the answer for your question.

I found 3 possible answers

1 The Afternoon Show from ABC TV presented by Australian Michael Tunn from 1991 to 1994.
    2 Loud also presented my Michael from 1994.
    3 Total Recall from 1994 hosted by Michael Pope on the Australian network 7.

the afternoon show aired a selection of cartoons such as The Mysterious Cities of Gold,Inspector Gadget,Spartakus, the Sun Beneath the Sea,Count Duckula,Danger Mouse, Widget, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Roger Ramjet, The Rattieies, Captain Planet and the Planeteers, Bananaman,The Trap Door, The Adventures of Tintin,Rocky and Bullwinkle as well as a variety of different comedy, drama, adventure, action and game shows

I would say that the likely answer would be The Afternoon Show as they show a large variety of programmes and Total Recall is just one big game show and because they show bananaman I think that is why they shout let's go bananas' so this would be my personal opinion on the right answer out of the 3.

Hope this answers your question

With best regards

Aaron Mellor

Comment

Aaron

many thanks for your comprehensive response but I have discovered the show was called “Top Banana”

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Top_Banana

Comment

Originally posted by Shibusa View Post
        Aaron

many thanks for your comprehensive response but I have discovered the show was called “Top Banana”

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Top_Banana
        I remember my sister really liked it.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Even I had forgotten about Top Banana.

Best Regards

Aaron Mellor

Comment

Interesting how quite a few Australian TV series were given as probable answers - I suppose that as TV-am was run by an Australian at the time, Top Banana would have had another connection with that country.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
            X