Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi there - my Dad is the main artist for Weetabix promos during 70's & 80's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there - my Dad is the main artist for Weetabix promos during 70's & 80's.

Hi there,

Just thought some of you might be interested to know that my Dad, Gordon Archer, is the artist behind most of the Weetabix Promotions during the 70's & 80's.

These included the two for Doctor Who, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Asterix, Batman & Wonder Woman, Olympic Games (80 & 84 I think), Flash Gordon and also the Weetabix Gang characters for the first 3-4 years.

Jon
    Come and visit www.yellowplanet.co.uk

Re: Hi there - my Dad is the main artist for Weetabix promos during 70's & 80's.

I grew up in the late '70s & 'early '80s. I loved drawing and copying the Weetabix characters myself to make my own cartoons. Having looked at your site, I remember many of the trading cards that came with the cereal too.

Comment

Re: Hi there - my Dad is the main artist for Weetabix promos during 70's & 80's.

One of my Uncles worked for Weetabix for about 30 years & managed to get plenty of things on a staff discount over the years, mostly from the 1980s & early 90s.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

You should contact Fanderson, the Gerry Anderson appreciation society, or Andersonic fan magazine as I'm sure they'd be interested in covering your site and Dad's art, especially if they could show something in colour.

I remember seeing some Doctor Who Weetabix game with cut-outs, but we got some kind of knock-off American shredded wheat product called Muffets instead. Nothing ever came with them that I remember. :cry:
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
        X