Ghost Stories!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Stories!!

Does anyone have any ghost stories to share?
    I have a few but the one i'd like to share first involves my mum, she's retired now but she was a solicitor, she was based in London and had an apartment there, she would stay there on business and return home at weekends. Strange things started happening in the apartment, particularly in the back bedroom which always felt cold, mum said she never left any lights on while she was at work yet the back bedroom light would be on when she returned, this happened a few times, then one night she went to bed and when she got up the next day the safely chain had been undone on the front door, she swears she put it on every night as she lived alone in London, that was the last night she spent there, she vacated the apartment and got another one.

Re: Ghost Stories!!

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    Does anyone have any ghost stories to share?
    I have a few but the one i'd like to share first involves my mum, she's retired now but she was a solicitor, she was based in London and had an apartment there, she would stay there on business and return home at weekends. Strange things started happening in the apartment, particularly in the back bedroom which always felt cold, mum said she never left any lights on while she was at work yet the back bedroom light would be on when she returned, this happened a few times, then one night she went to bed and when she got up the next day the safety chain had been undone on the front door, she swears she put it on every night as she lived alone in London, that was the last night she spent there, she vacated the apartment and got another one.
    Ooops... I've put this in the wrong thread!

Comment

Perhaps, perhaps not...

Attached Files
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
        Perhaps, perhaps not...

Haha!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
          Ooops... I've put this in the wrong thread!
          Perhaps you should start a new Ghosts thread Nugs. I used to tell ghost stories to the other kids at boarding school. I also have one or two tales to relate.. one regarding a seance.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
            Perhaps you should start a new Ghosts thread Nugs. I used to tell ghost stories to the other kids at boarding school. I also have one or two tales to relate.. one regarding a seance.
            Then you start the new thread Donny, i'd only end up putting it in the wrong place as i did with my latest ghost story!

Comment

Plenty of bands with ghost themes, Curved airs Phantasmagoria or Steve Hackets spectral mornings.

Now if you are after real ghost sightings and tales that's another story altogether. I have a few you may just like.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                Plenty of bands with ghost themes, Curved airs Phantasmagoria or Steve Hackets spectral mornings.

Now if you are after real ghost sightings and tales that's another story altogether. I have a few you may just like.
                Cool! Could you start a Ghost Stories thread then Battyrat? I'd put it in the wrong place as i'm still finding my feet here

Comment

Topically...

Attached Files
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Some years ago I had put one of my action figures on top of my computer. One day I left the room and I heard a very loud thwack of something hitting the wall. I ran back into the room and saw that the action figure was no longer on top of the computer. I looked around for it finally finding it behind my computer desk. The weird part was that the only way it could have ended up back there was for someone to either backhand it or throw it against the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                      Some years ago I had put one of my action figures on top of my computer. One day I left the room and I heard a very loud thwack of something hitting the wall. I ran back into the room and saw that the action figure was no longer on top of the computer. I looked around for it finally finding it behind my computer desk. The weird part was that the only way it could have ended up back there was for someone to either backhand it or throw it against the wall.
                      Now that is scary! It reminds me of the time i had a picture taken of me with a fake gun to my head, i was 16 at the time, i remember showing the picture to my friends, then it disappeared, it turned up a few days later placed on the edge of my bed, i was home alone so there was no one around who could of put it there.

Comment

That is spooky Nugs. I will relate my seance. It was in the mid 80s if I recall.. A girlfriend and I decided to hold a seance as a bit of fun.. but it turned out deathly serious. We contacted someone or something that day..not a word of untruth I swear. There was something in the room other than us two. Things moved around, curtains blew tho no windows were open and there was a distinct coldness in the air despite it being a warm day. The incident left us chilled to the bone for several days after.

Comment

I won't start a new thread but could add to this one still.

Funny thing with life when you literally collect ghost stories as a passing interest. Here is a few from the Isle of Sheppey.

The first story involves a Ghostly horse. I can remember as a kid along with my cousins hearing a horse pass the house and head on up the hill towards the Bunny Bank(The highest point on the island and the same ridge Minster Abbey is built on).Me and my cousins rushed towards the back gate to take a look at this horse. But was surprised as there was no horse passing the back gate, and we could not see one going up the hill despite occasionally hearing the clip clop of the horses hoofs against tarmac now going up the hill. My auntie watching us later told us that we would not see anything, as many people have heard the ghostly horse and went to have a look thinking it was a real horse was surprised to see nothing despite the clip clopping of the hooves continuing up the hill towards the Bunny Banks. She later told us of an incident years before that involved a young girl, a teenager who was as most young girls are besotted by horses. There was this fateful day when she was taking her horse out for a ride she rode along Minster Road and turned off by my aunties house towards the Bunny Banks which led her and the horse up a steep hill. At the top of the hill she turned the corner into the tight lanes which lead towards Minster Abbey. Her horse was startled by a fast approaching car and reared up causing some commotion. Some say that the car hit her horse. Whatever happened the girl was killed and her horse had to be put down. But on quiet summer days the horse still trots along the road the sound of his hoofs can still be heard on the tar mac of the road, and occasionally from a distance that commotion at the top of the road can also be heard.
                          Years later I went with Mum to visit my nans grave at Halfway Cemetery between Minster and Sheerness. A few graves down from my nans there is a stone with a picture of a young lady on it. I asked mum if she knew the young lady and mum replied "You remember the ghostly horse that used to pass by Aunties house in Minster".I said "yes", "Well" mum said "that was the young lady who was riding the horse and died that people keep on hearing".

Comment

Halfway cemetery,between Minster and Sheerness on the Isle of Sheppey.

Cemetery ghosts are fairly scare things in themselves. But many people have reported seeing an old man sitting on the cemetery wall here. My sister once saw an old man sitting on the wall, whilst mum could not back in the late 80's.The man is reported to be wearing an old fashioned suit and tie, some say he also has a wide brimmed hat of the 30's-40's.Most people agree on one thing, he is waiting for his wife and won't leave until she arrives.

Comment

Minster Abbey, Minster, Isle of Sheppey, Kent.

Is a truly mystical place. It can also install a fear of dread when least expecting it or fill people with calm. It is also a place of many legends including the well of the triple headed goddess and secret tunnels and even a stone henge type monument. There is a tomb which can be related the story of the Grey Dolphin, a local myth and legend, and another which states a certain person was a Sheppey Druid well before modern Druidry came into being.

The abbey itself was founded in the 6th century and was sacked by the Vikings. The site possibly has earlier connections with people and their belief systems. Roman brick and tile can be seen built into the abbey walls, Several wells have produced figurines of a triple headed goddess in wax in a Romano Celtic style and even faint traces of a possible henge monument surrounding the abbey site from times even further back in the distant past.

Here there are many story's of Ghostly monks and nuns. The first happened to a local Man who worked as a helper for Minster Abbey. One early morning he was walking behind the Abbey down a lane leading towards the back of the Gatehouse. It was a misty morning and the mist had rolled in thick from the sea. He felt a shiver and turned around to see what was behind him. Either side of him he suddenly saw a line of Monks passing him, The man for a while stood rooted to the spot. Quickly he turned back to face the way he was originally heading but was surprised to see nobody had passed him by despite the two rows of monks moving in the same direction. He arrived at the Abbey shaken, but later learned he was not the first person to have seen the monks in procession move down the lane towards the abbey gatehouse.

Years ago my Auntie was taking one of her girls to school(mid 1970's), the school was up near the top of Minster Hill close to the Abbey. To get to it she had to go though an alley way close to the top of the hill itself. She dropped the girl off happily before starting back down the hill herself towards her home. No sooner she got to the top of the alley she felt compelled to step aside, and was quickly passed by a nun. This nun I was told years later was not wearing modern dress, but heavy fabric clothes right down to her feet. My auntie followed the nun along the alley down the hill, then stopped in amazement when both she and the nun got to end of the ally. She suddenly noticed the nun was not walking on the ground but was rather floating just above it. The nun then proceeded to glide across the road before disappearing through a brick wall into the back of a butchers shop on the other side of the road. My auntie noticing the Butchers shop was open followed across the road and started to talk to the butcher. He smiled at her and said" ah, you've seen her too have you".Apparently the nun often was seen going through the back of the Butchers shop passing through one wall before passing through the other then disappearing totally.

Minster abbey gatehouse had also been a regular place to see shadow and partial shadow figures beneath it's arches.

Comment

Working...
                              X