Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctors & Nurses

Who remembers playing 'Doctors & Nurses' as a kid

Aged about eight; she was about eight too; Denise & I played 'Doctors & Nurses'

One of us lays on the ground, whilst the other is the doctor

I remember the first time when I noticed she didn't have (or 'Doesn't' to be more precise) the same as me 'downstairs'

I asked her

"Why haven't you got down there what I have?2

"Well" she replied "You're a boy; I'm a girl"

That didn't mean anything to me

So fast forward a years:

We both started at the local high/comprehensive or secondary) school

We began a relationship around that time

A year later I was resident at a special residential school so that ended our relationship. After leaving the special school I attended a different high school to Denise
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Doctors & Nurses

I just spent every daylight hour on the back field playing football !?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
      Who remembers playing 'Doctors & Nurses' as a kid

Aged about eight; she was about eight too; Denise & I played 'Doctors & Nurses'

One of us lays on the ground, whilst the other is the doctor

I remember the first time when I noticed she didn't have (or 'Doesn't' to be more precise) the same as me 'downstairs'

I asked her

"Why haven't you got down there what I have?2

"Well" she replied "You're a boy; I'm a girl"

That didn't mean anything to me

So fast forward a years:

We both started at the local high/comprehensive or secondary) school

We began a relationship around that time

A year later I was resident at a special residential school so that ended our relationship. After leaving the special school I attended a different high school to Denise
      Ahhhh as i read this i thought you were gonna say you stayed together and got married.

Comment

I think the closest we got to that was first aid courses offered at our local school.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I played "Doctors & Nurses" often with the girl next door. Could say that was quite an education. You Nugs?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
            Ahhhh as i read this i thought you were gonna say you stayed together and got married.
            Well, we probably would have Nuggy, but our family moved to Gloucestershire with my Dad's work

Recently though, I heard from a friend of my sister's up there (Catherine (sis) & her friend Jaquie) that Denise was a hooker in Preston

So off to Preston I went

I found Denise soliciting on the street; I still recognised her after all this years

I offered to take her out for dinner & pay her for her time

I asked her at the restaurant if she recognised me

She said I look familiar to her

So I gave her a few clues:

Name of school, her address in Hesketh Bank

The fact we played 'Doctors & Nurses')

and so on

Then the 'candle lit'

"Nick?"

"You got it!"

I asked her what's the story behind her being on the game & addicted to street drugs

She told me her story

We text each other to this day
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
              Well, we probably would have Nuggy, but our family moved to Gloucestershire with my Dad's work

Recently though, I heard from a friend of my sister's up there (Catherine (sis) & her friend Jaquie) that Denise was a hooker in Preston

So off to Preston I went

I found Denise soliciting on the street; I still recognised her after all this years

I offered to take her out for dinner & pay her for her time

I asked her at the restaurant if she recognised me

She said I look familiar to her

So I gave her a few clues:

Name of school, her address in Hesketh Bank

The fact we played 'Doctors & Nurses')

and so on

Then the 'candle lit'

"Nick?"

"You got it!"

I asked her what's the story behind her being on the game & addicted to street drugs

She told me her story

We text each other to this day
              Fate has brought you back together Twocky. It's a shame how some people end up. One of my old school friends got into drugs as she was well into the club scene, i last heard she was dossing in a squat in London. Maybe you and your friend will have a happy ending!

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                I played "Doctors & Nurses" often with the girl next door. Could say that was quite an education. You Nugs?
                I played it as a child and now i play it for real! Haha.

Comment

Thanks Nuggy

I've actually set up a direct debit to her account to help her come off drugs. This is for the long haul as she is so dependent on drugs, to pull her straight off drugs would kill her; probably she would suffer a heart attack from the shock to the system

We talk on the phone most days for her to tell me how things are going for her & that I can hear she is ok

This has been going on for a few months now & reports from the drug rehab show things are looking good for Denise

I have promised Denise if she takes the long journey and comes out the other side she has a home with me

I have not made it a one off offer as she is highly likely to redress but as long as she tries...........
                  sigpic

Comment

This coming up is an older pic of Denise before she hit the street scene. I hope to bring her back to looking like that
                    sigpic

Comment

Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

Who does Denise remind you of?
                        sigpic

Comment

Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

I might have played it when I was younger, I can't remember. If you had one of those Fisher Price toy medical kits (one for the Toys section methinks), I am certain that youngsters who had those almost certainly played doctors and nurses.

I am sure that early to mid 1980s Argos catalogues had them in the toys section.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I remember Woolworth's sold them & now you mention it George I remember using my paper round money to buy a 'Doctor's & Nurses' kit

The kit IIRC comprised the statutory stethoscope and pretend syringes with a rubber 'needle'. Of course the nurses hat & white coat & nurses uniform.

A first aid kit in a little green pouch consisting of rubber bladed scissors & a small cosmetic sort of mirror & statutory plasters & a roll of bandages

There may have been a few more things in the kit but I forget now after all these years
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X