Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advent Internet

Originally posted by Arran View Post
    A third of all pagers in the world are used by the NHS. That's one organisation in one country.
    That's interesting to know, I don't remember many people who had them except for their job.

My Dad had one from work before graduating to a mobile phone, & the Dad of one of my school friends was a plumber who had one for his job. This one had an early voicemail system where customers could leave messages & his Dad would be alerted, but needed a landline to get the message still.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

There were 'wrist watch' style pagers

Pretty c*** they were
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I used to work for a radio-paging company...

Attached Files
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I work in the NHS now and I've never seen a pager. Most staff use DECT phones.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

I hope it is ok to post a link - sorry in advance if it is'nt, but I found this beauty that I am in awe of (which takes something as so for me lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szdbKz5CyhA

80sChav

Comment

Working...
            X