Thread: Scorpion Breakdancer SF201 BMX

Default Scorpion Breakdancer SF201 BMX

Has anybody encountered a Scorpion Breakdancer SF201 BMX with an awesome looking frame, Acorn Mags, and TWO rear brakes?

It was sold in Halfords in 1985 for 179.95.

I have never seen one in the metal and Halfords has no knowledge of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScorpionBreakdancerSF201.jpg   ScorpionBreakdancerAd-1.jpg   ScorpionBreakdancerAd-2.jpg  

big kid Guest

Default Re: Scorpion Breakdancer SF201 BMX

i bought a frame set a few years back. couldn't be bothered to build it up and traded it to a friend who was into bmx more than me. great looking frame. you could have three brakes on the rear, two regular and a coaster wheel (pedal back brake) for the third.

Were they rare BMXs or were they quite common back in the 1980s? The fact that they were sold by Halfords gives me the impression that they would have been well known at the time. The brochure states "and only found in Halfords" but was Halfords the only shop that sold them or were they later available elsewhere?

big kid Guest

not sure as to how rare or common they were back then, but they seem to be rather rare now. i've only ever seen about 6 on a bmx forum. i think they were a halfords special. i think they were an american made bmx, but don't quote me on that.

I didn't, but I did buy a blue set of the Acorn Freestyle mags that are on it!

Much cheaper than Skyway TufIIs at the time.