Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: School Nerds/Geeks

Default Re: School Nerds/Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    I too wore glasses for pretty much most of my school life which meant me being called certain names
    and as for having asberger's your right to not be embarrassed by it.
    Don't worry - and it's Asperger, not Asberger.
    I am a man (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    When I was at school they were called "boffins" or "boffs". There was a group of them that weere all friends at my school, about 5 of them. They were very clever and wore blazers or had briefcases (think Will from The Inbetweeners) even though these were not required school attire.
    As well too there was those whop always, always had (had to, rather) have their Top Button done uyp if it was the rules or not - almost like the "Fashion-istas" of the 80s and those that go/went clubbing in a Polo Shirt and (just slightly oversized Blazer) was often the cases I found too Mullentino! What do you think mate?

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    Fair play to you here George and ia m glad to hear you heard from an old friend - especialy given the timescale for the address!

I think it would be fair to say none of my close friends/many (if any of our Form) was geeks par 1 at most say, who moved to Auastrlia - most was real "rough-iuns" as I have often said before - our school (my first was so bad) most probably ended up with a life of crime - where we was living the, so many moved to the Coasts for a better life -including me!

80sChav
    Well, as I will be 40 this August, I thought that it was a good chance to do that. There are those from the past who, shall I say, hope that I never hear from again.
    I am a man (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Well, as I will be 40 this August, I thought that it was a good chance to do that. There are those from the past who, shall I say, hope that I never hear from again.
    True and good call here, George!

You are braver than me I must say - credit where it's due! I could not be so brave (par the odd one or 2 I already kept in touch with)

80sChav