Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricity Pylons

Believe it or not you can have an electricity pylon in your garden

The national grid pay you rent for you hosting a electricity pylon on your land
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Electricity Pylons

When I think of electricity pylons, I either think of Harvey Brant's sub-trainspotters' Pylon of the Month website, of those Play Safe PIFs narrated by the late Brian "Mr Barrowclough" Wilde.

I assume that we have pylons in the countryside because it isn't really possible to carry electricity underground like in towns and cities?
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

That's probably it George; the lines would be ploughed up if they ran the lines under farmers fields
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

No thanks.
        There has been extensive research relating to living near power lines and leukaemia in children.

Comment

Energy companies are very known in nowadays, but we don`t know what company to call and where to go for a better experience. A friend of mine recommend me this website https://www.simplyswitch.com/energy/suppliers/so-energy/, because of the prices and the quality.Get the cheapest energy deal in five minutes! Just enter your postcode to find a cheaper deal today. I am using this website for about 2 years and I am very delighted with them. The people who I am working with are great and professional. If you have some advices, I am open to them, but if you want my advice use this website.
          Last edited by Borderdec; 25-07-2021, 20:54.

Comment

How many people used to see an electricity pylon when they were younger and thought it was just like Blackpool Tower or even the Eifel Tower?
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

during damp and Misty days , you could hear the pylons buzzing in the field where I used to walk my dog.

There was a photo knocking around where there’s fluorescent tubes stuck vertical in the ground near pylons with them all lit up
              ive always wondered if it was a hoax.

Comment

From a distance they can have a certain charm, on train journeys many moons ago we used to refer to them as striding giants. On a darker note I remember hearing how a family friend lost a loved one. The young lad took it upon himself to use a pylon as a climbing frame. He was electrocuted and caused a power cut in one of the suburbs of Glasgow. I'll spare you any further details.
                These days unless you have special forces training or some kind of warped idea of what adventure sports entail then your pretty unlikley to come to any harm.
                Health and safety isn't always such a bad thing.

Comment

Did anyone used to get scared half to death when those Play Safe PIFs on electricity pylons were shown in the 1980s? The ones where Brian "Mr Barraclough from Porridge" Wilde narrated. The Charley Live video compilations gave them a date of 1979-1980, so I am certain that they were shown on Saturdays and school holiday mornings in between Sesame Street and cartoons.

Central certainly used to show it after No 73 and Get Fresh in the mid 1980s and yes, it was alarming at the time, but thankfully I was not scared for life. They are on YouTube of course...

I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                  X