• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pogo

Pogo is a dance for the punks

Basically just jumping lol
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Pogo

I can do Michael Jacksons moonwalk, i watched the film a few years ago and tried it, it's quite easy really.

Comment

I've managed to moonwalk on a polished wooden dance floor with smooth soled shoes on.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Just remembered

Pogo is also a long metal stick kids used to bounce along on
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          Just remembered

Pogo is also a long metal stick kids used to bounce along on
          Yes the dance was an attempt to imitate bouncing up & down on one.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            Yes the dance was an attempt to imitate bouncing up & down on one.

It was Sid Vicious who invented the Pogo as the story goes, he actually did it as a pisstake to imitate the excitement of the fans when they would come in to see a gig
            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

In the 80's the Hep Cats had a dance which was a cross between the Pogo and Bop. Most odd thing to watch.

Comment

I have found some of their videos on Youtube)

Comment

As a teen in the 80s I remember the school disco and the punks getting on the floor when the clash came on doing the pogo.
                  I was a headbanger with long hair and when our music came on ( it was since you been gone by rainbow )all us headbangers got up and played air guitar and the punks followed us and pretended to stamp on the nits that fell out of our hair .

Comment

I think the pogo thing evolved to some extent. I was a bit young to get into gigs back in 77 but rather than just jumping up and down it eventually became more animated. When going to see bands like The Angelic Upstarts, GBH, Vice Squad etc there was usually a kind of a melee at the front of the venue by the stage, usually good natured and fun but quite physical.
                    I wouldn't want to participate in such larks these days, probably finish me off!

Comment

Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
                      I think the pogo thing evolved to some extent. I was a bit young to get into gigs back in 77 but rather than just jumping up and down it eventually became more animated. When going to see bands like The Angelic Upstarts, GBH, Vice Squad etc there was usually a kind of a melee at the front of the venue by the stage, usually good natured and fun but quite physical.
                      I wouldn't want to participate in such larks these days, probably finish me off!
                      And so the mosh pit was born

Comment

Working...
                      X