X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohicans

Mohican's are a cockerel like hairstyle favoured by the punk scene
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Mohicans

I really toyed with having one Twocky - but never got around to it sadly - I dunno why!! Guess it was a case of not having the guts lol

This would of been the very late 1990s I think!!

80sChav

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Horrible arent they clare. I would not be seen dead wearing one when I was young even if it was the in thing at the time.

What about the "mullet"

No class.

Comment

Mullets I associate with Pat Sharp!

When I was at junior school, there was a fashion for rats' tails among the boys. Then tramlines.
          Attached Files

Comment

How about the permed look for me. very big in the 80s. I tried in once. Was hoping none of my friends saw me in the hairdressers whle it was being done. I got lucky. Gotta say I wore the permed look for quite some time once I got used to it. It looked something like this. Only mine was brown.

Comment

The "A Flock of Seagulls" hairdo never really caught on.

Attached Files

Comment

Can see why Clare.

Comment

I was never into Mohicans first time round - until way after the 90s, but regards the punk/Punk rockers having them, I can appreciate 100% why they devour the look without question

80sChav

Comment

Mohicans didn't seem to be all that popular with punks until the 1980s, most at the height of punk had spiky hair but not shaved at the sides.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I think Beckham's version was best - though it was probably just "over the Border" into the early 2000s

As much as I like both David and adore his wife, as I alwaays have from the Spice Girls when they began in the mid 90s - what else can you say par he takes fashion to extreme levels and often invarably ends coming up smelling of Roses as a result as with his Mowhawk i feel!

80sChav

Comment

Weren't mohicans inspired by the native Indians in the US?
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                          Weren't mohicans inspired by the native Indians in the US?
                          Yes the traditional hair style of the Mohawk warriors was long in the middle & shaved at the sides.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Thanks Richard
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X