Unions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unions

In the Forest of Dean Gloucestershire UK Rank Xerox had a main factory manufacturing photo copiers

The area's main employment used to be coal mining until Rank Xerox opened their plant

Rank Xerox was & is, a very generous international company

Similar to Hoover becoming a generic word for vacuum cleaner, Xerox also became a generic word for photo copiers, Rank Xerox is & still is a brilliant company to work for, until the union FT's spoilt it all for Rank's employee's by making unreasonable demands

In the end Rank Xerox basically told the unions to Foxtrot Oscar & closed their plant; centralising everything in Welwyn Garden City

We moved out just before closure & sold our house at a profit

After closure nobody could sell their houses as who wants to live in an area where there a no jobs?

Unions? Foxtrot Oscar back under your rock

Arthur Scargill? You're an idiot
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Unions

I was hoping you were going to say that you get nostalgic over the annual TUC Conference.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

TUC Biscuits lol
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        TUC Biscuits lol
        I actually thought that what they were named after.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I think they actually were George
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X