Dinosaurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs had entered into popular culture by the 70's.I had quite a few of those models along with a box of plastic dinosaurs. I had many books on dinosaurs and prehistoric life. There was a series on TV about dinosaurs in the mid 70's as well. I can even remember a sticker album on dinosaurs. Don't forget the film, One of our dinosaurs is missing from the mid 70's.Then there was that classic Dr Who series with Jon Pertwee in the early part of the 70's.And who could forget Godzilla, the biggest and bad arsed dinosaur of them all.

Comment

there were dinosaur toys etc in the late 70's and 80's I had some

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        Walking with Dinosaurs came out in 1999 long after dinosaurs became popular and familiar.

I have not seen this programme. Is it on YouTube?
        Not sure if it is on Youtube. I think it was examining the meteor impact theory of what killed the dinosaurs. I only saw it that one time, and it has stuck in my mind due to that image--or maybe it was a model?--of a man-sized dinosaur in a spacesuit.

Comment

The 90s Jim Henson Dinosaurs sitcom. I got the DVDs.

Comment

Not the Mamma(smacks dad over head with frying pan), lol.

Quite a dark ending that series had. Quite enjoyed it when it was on.

Comment

I have a feeling for us 70's kids many sci-fi and fantasy films were our main go to when it came to moving dinosaur images. Who could forget the old king Kong film with the T-Rex, or any of the Ray Harryhausen animations that graced the big screens.

Just a thought, who remembers this,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdYPlcNYMJA
              Last edited by battyrat; 06-02-2018, 20:29.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                I have a feeling for us 70's kids many sci-fi and fantasy films were our main go to when it came to moving dinosaur images. Who could forget the old king Kong film with the T-Rex, or any of the Ray Harryhausen animations that graced the big screens.

Just a thought, who remembers this,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdYPlcNYMJA

I remember that series. I think it was shown by the BBC maybe on saturday mornings, but not sure about that.

Comment

It was shown as part of Swap Shop.

Comment

Working...
                  X