X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wankel Enginre

The Wankel Rotary engine was fitted on Mazda RX7 & now RX8
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Wankel Enginre

Always fancied a Van Veen OCR. . .

Comment

Only just saw this thread - I have to say that I was a bit surprised that the title had got past the filters...
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

NSU built the Ro80 with a rotary engine, which was very smooth when new, but used to wear out the rotar tips, Headingley to rough running.

Under warranty NSU had to replace lots of engine, & eventually they were in enough financial problems that they were taken over by Volkswagen.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          NSU built the Ro80 with a rotary engine, which was very smooth when new, but used to wear out the rotar tips, Headingley to rough running.

Under warranty NSU had to replace lots of engine, & eventually they were in enough financial problems that they were taken over by Volkswagen.
          Not rotary engined, but back in the 60s a mate's dad had an NSU Prinz 4. It was a nice little car as I remember it. At least it felt more refined than the Fords and Austins of the time.
          The rotor tips were the snag with a lot of those engines though.

Comment

Working...
          X