RIP Hannah Hauxwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Hannah Hauxwell

Hannah Hauxwell known affectionatly as "the Lady Of The Dales " passed away on Jan 30th aged 91 years old

I was looking for more ifo to add intoi a thread about the great Hannah, but could not find too much to add - hence making the thread a few weeks later

Hannah was known mostly in the North of England re Yorkshire and Co Durham as a lady who led a simplistic life for many years, with it even being made into a TV Programme, about her life/ growing up in the Yorkshire Dales towards Richmond/Barnard Castle way. Hannah's funeral took place a few days back in Barnard Castle Town

Rip Hannah Hauxwell

Re: RIP Hannah Hauxwell

Sad to hear. RIP Hannah.

Comment

I didn't realise she had only recently died.

My parents liked the programmes about her, & had her book Daughter Of The Dales.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It was sweet when Hannah went to London in a posh hotel & picked her award up from the awards ceremony. She said that it was nice to visit London but she wouldn't want to live there
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
        X