School Fads/things crazes etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Fads/things crazes etc

I thought I'd make this thread as I have just recalled that Pet thing like a Moose that wasa ll the rage in the late 90s amongst other things like Beades etc and linking those flowers together, like at Primary - though i am sorry their name evades me ... it may be Daisy', but i am unsure to be honest

anyway whatever your fad was - add it here, as though I know there are many (or rather was) to add to other threads would be too complex I think - so I thought "a Year by Year" one through all the decades (or as many as so that DYR encompses) would be great I thought

I hope that this ok the Heather, HG, Big Daddy etc as it being made as a new thread (as it'd be just nice to see a definitive or as definitive as possible -list I think) which would not be appropriate to add to other thread , as they/ are so m differing I think/found.

Apologizes in advance if I have made a critical mistake/error, and I look forward to any replies about all the fads you had

80sChav

Re: School Fads/things crazes etc

There were a few I remember from school, from Junior to Senior:

Those fuzzy worms on fishing like that you pulled through your fingers.
    Magic Tricks from sets.
    Practical Jokes from the local shop
    String Puppets
    Electronic Video Games
    Playing Jacks
    Marbles
    Panini Stickers
    blakeys
    british bulldog
    smurfs
    Chikaboo
    Magic Sticks - a yellow stick with a red ball each end and string attaches to the middle of the stick with a ring on, so you could swing it around and do tricks
    Baton Twirling

Comment

Clackers
      Deely boppers...
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Yo-Yos
        Chinese jump rope (mainly popular with the girls)
        Wacky Packs

Comment

A great list here Mullentino, we had Panini Stickers and British Bulldog too and them virtual Pets u had to keep "alive" too!!

I would never have guerssed it was popular in Australia, hmm!!?

80sChav

Comment

Bouncy Balls - normally banned after something got broken.

Group Skipping Games
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Gameboys and Nintendos/Prdator Football Boots (their first time round - mid 90s are ones that come to mind as well now too)

Even if you was total rubbish at Football, you be selected on wearing these alone and too like in Grange Hill series 13 when Brian asked to borrow Jacko's PE Kirt and he said yeah at the expense of Neil timpson - if you could not take part in Football eg that day .... all your mates would begging to borrow your Preds - even if they/you was a size or 2 out each way!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                Bouncy Balls - normally banned after something got broken.

Group Skipping Games
                The Group Skjipping reminds me of Hobscotch and Noughts and Crosses being others too Richard!

Now you'd be in trouble for decimating the Schools Playground/Pavement .... or worse up for wantom Vandalism sadly

80sChav

Comment

Does qnyone remember Lolo Balls. I had one once, and rather overused it, and it rubbed my inside ankles raw!

Seems they still exist.

Attached Files

Comment

POGS & Tazoos I Loved Them. still got afew of them.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Haircut Crazes - like Nike Ticks and TRamlined hair is (was another) i recall most lads doing

A guy I recently got in contact with on Facebook reckoned on he had his that short it was nearly "Tramlined", but we all know this was'nt so ... but as with most cases of fads (generally speaking) it was a goiod laugh - though of course it never happened really!

80sChav

Comment

Yes, marbles was an unofficial currency in the school playground at playtimes.

Mulletino mentioned Blakeys - apart from the Inspector in On the Buses, the only other Blakeys I can think of was those metal things that cobblers put on the soles of your shoes.

The final day of term when people remembered to bring their toys in was a good example of those things mentioned.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                          Yes, marbles was an unofficial currency in the school playground at playtimes.

Mulletino mentioned Blakeys - apart from the Inspector in On the Buses, the only other Blakeys I can think of was those metal things that cobblers put on the soles of your shoes.

The final day of term when people remembered to bring their toys in was a good example of those things mentioned.
                          I recall numbers one and 3 well indeed George (or rather Board Games) too. These days it would not be allowed I bet in-case it offended another Kid for whatever reason - no doubts!

Looking and thinking about your other reply in the Geeks/Nerds thread reminded me of this so called other friend in Year 7 (1st Year) and I told him for keeping his Polo Shirt on after PE - which was a massive trend back then. I regret doing it in a way - but he'd of done the same to me doubts I think

80sChav

Comment

I remember once teacher wouldn't let us bring in any games because in a previous year someone had something nicked, or something like that.

One brief trend to bring into school was pots of Ooze, I think it was banned after a girl got a load of it in her hair. Somehow I persuaded my Mum to get some for me, & kept it until it dried up a couple of years later.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I had a lolo ball but not a proper one. The plastic bit eventually bent with my weight so u couldn't use it any more.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X