Radio Stations the day after Princess Diana had passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Stations the day after Princess Diana had passed away

I will always recall the day after Princess Diana had passed on - let alone because of the fact, Princess Diana being Princess Diana had sadly died - but additionaly that day me and my Mum had planned to visit an old haunt where we lived on the Coast until 2 years before-hand

All the stations we could find on the Car Radio (though we had Tapes still in those days as well), was sombre in the extreme and you could find no Music what-soever or if you could, it was that awfull "Kwick Save Music" , which though of course the Stations had to be respectful, I am sure they could have found sombre Music of a better style - say Mozart or Brawnz etc

Can any other members who was working that Monday - which I believe was a Bank Holiday Monday (possibly) recall the Radio Stations style/type of Music or even if you only came into contact with a Radio - say in your Shed or Kitchen/or Car either - like me?

80sChav

Re: Radio Stations the day after Princess Diana had passed away

Jesus !!

I can't remember what I've just Googled for !

I type something in the Google box ... press SEARCH and for the next few seconds I haven't got the foggiest what I've searched for or what's gonna appear on the screen !!

All I recall is that we started a brand new school year the next morning and it's all that was being discussed ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I remember going to Alton Towers that day & listening to the BBC coverage on the way, which I think was on all stations.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember listening to talk radio which is now talksport the presenters talked about her death and how it happened for a few weeks after it happened and why it happened.

dont think any other royal is
        so well thought of as diana was and still is.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

As hads
          Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
          Jesus !!

I can't remember what I've just Googled for !

I type something in the Google box ... press SEARCH and for the next few seconds I haven't got the foggiest what I've searched for or what's gonna appear on the screen !!

All I recall is that we started a brand new school year the next morning and it's all that was being discussed ..

as has been said I think we had the talk station on too - I'm seeming to recall

That must have been horrible for you there/then Zincubus - I don't know how I'd of coped with something so intense at School to be honest

80sChav

Comment

Radio Stations the day after Princess Diana had passed away

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            As hads

as has been said I think we had the talk station on too - I'm seeming to recall

That must have been horrible for you there/then Zincubus - I don't know how I'd of coped with something so intense at School to be honest

80sChav
            Yeah ...

I struggled with those school days ... the constant name calling , bullying and even having my dinner money pinched off me [emoji20].

I was a bladdy teacher as well !

Only messing [emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
              I will always recall the day after Princess Diana had passed on - let alone because of the fact, Princess Diana being Princess Diana had sadly died - but additionaly that day me and my Mum had planned to visit an old haunt where we lived on the Coast until 2 years before-hand

All the stations we could find on the Car Radio (though we had Tapes still in those days as well), was sombre in the extreme and you could find no Music what-soever or if you could, it was that awfull "Kwick Save Music" , which though of course the Stations had to be respectful, I am sure they could have found sombre Music of a better style - say Mozart or Brawnz etc

Can any other members who was working that Monday - which I believe was a Bank Holiday Monday (possibly) recall the Radio Stations style/type of Music or even if you only came into contact with a Radio - say in your Shed or Kitchen/or Car either - like me?

80sChav
              after two / three weeks of saturation coverage it all got a bit too much for me and...I avoided the radio and news on TV for about a month afterward.

Comment

The Nottingham local stations played classical music for most of Sunday 31st August, and even the pop ones sounded like Radio 3 - it was like having several radio stations like that on the dial.

I overheard my neighbours talking about this a few days later, and one of them had thought that her husband had retuned the radio from the local pop one to Radio 3 or some station like that, and she said "why have you changed the station?" or something.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                X