Best Music Video/s - ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Music Video/s - ever

For me the Pet shop Boys and Always On My Mind get's my vote (the Film Version)

The guy in the Bowler Hat in it, is truly crazy and an epitone of what he said people said he was - but the Video and him himself are an awesome lugh of the highest order I think

80sChav

Re: Best Music Video/s - ever

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    For me the Pet shop Boys and Always On My Mind get's my vote (the Film Version)

The guy in the Bowler Hat in it, is truly crazy and an epitone of what he said people said he was - but the Video and him himself are an awesome lugh of the highest order I think

80sChav
    I love Pet Shop Boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
      I love Pet Shop Boys!
      I am crazy on them Nuggy - I have always liked them since the early/mid 90s. Some of their Videos are fantastic in the extreme and almost comedys on words I think

Honourable mentions I think - must all go to several of Erasures' too

80sChav

Comment

Ok , Go

These guys do the best videos
        Check out Here It Goes just for starters !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
          I am crazy on them Nuggy - I have always liked them since the early/mid 90s. Some of their Videos are fantastic in the extreme and almost comedys on words I think

Honourable mentions I think - must all go to several of Erasures' too

80sChav
          Me too! I love most music from the 80s, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Bananarama, Bangles... Bring back the 80s i say!

Comment

Pet Shop Boys and Erasure fan here. I got their music video DVDs. Pop Art and Hits respectively. One music video I used to like was Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve, it featured the singer walking down the street purposely knocking into people and jumping on cars. I too wished they would bring back 80s music, even the old MTV when they showed music videos. I've been going through some old videotapes and they had various songs taped off MTV. One video contained a song I never heard of before, it's called She's Mad by David Byrne of Talking Heads, the video is just about similar to Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer.

Comment

PETER GABRIEL SLEDGEHAMMER
              https://youtu.be/OJWJE0x7T4Q

LOVE THE SONG AND VIDEO
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                PETER GABRIEL SLEDGEHAMMER
                https://youtu.be/OJWJE0x7T4Q

LOVE THE SONG AND VIDEO
                Too true Darren mate, Peter was great as a stand-alone artist and with Phil collins in Genseis, as was Sledgehammera great song as well

80sChav

Comment

VH1 Classic used to show music videos non-stop, with quite a lot from the 1980s.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Tears For Fears and Everybody Wants To Rule The World is ace in the extreme I think too, Richard!

I love that scene outside the ranch and it reminds me of Edale (a bit), with just the odd house and landscape etc - though minus the Desert landscape) in the Peak District - I don't know if you know of it/or have been there!, but it has that mystic-ness to it for me like in the Video and in that it can applied to so many American "Outbacks|", like Australia I think

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                      Me too! I love most music from the 80s, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Bananarama, Bangles... Bring back the 80s i say!
                      We'll get on here, with such tastes Nuggy. It'd be great ifd you could add your frave Videos, if you wanted to.

When you think back now of the great Days of MTV (and just before and after) - just) and the likes of Going live and The 8.15 From Manchester and mid to late 90s Sunday Morning TV - in how they "plucked" the top Vids - this sure was a "once in a lifetime experience/era" to be in/live through I think!

80sChav
                      Last edited by 80sChav; 25-03-2018, 20:07.

Comment

My favourites are

OK Go singing Here it Comes ( or Here it Goes ) ....

Plus the Addicted to Love video .. I didn't really like the song but I spent ages trying to decide which woman I fancied the most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://youtu.be/r3kQlzOi27M

Go go girls. Interesting video from the 80s.

Comment

I absolutely loved the video for The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats on TV at the time - one of the first things I ever YouTubed when I could!

Attached Files
                            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer for sure, but you really gotta also love John Landis' video for Michael Jackson's Thriller. A couple of other Peter Gabriel ones I love, the music videos for Kiss That Frog, and Steam.

I love Spike Jonze's video for Beastie Boys 1994 hit, Sabotage, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X