Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Maynard

RIP Bill Maynard aged 89

Probably best known for Greengrass in the tv series Heartbeat & his own tv show Selwyn Froggit; Bill will be sadly missed
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Bill Maynard

DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Very sad news about Bill Maynard's passing. He was a really fine actor. He was great in Oh, No, It's Selwyn Froggitt! and The Gaffer. RIP Bill Maynard.

Comment

Sad news.

He was also in the Confessions films as Timmy's Dad.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Very sad news indeed.
          R i p bill
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

This is sad news indeed about Bill's passing

I so loved Bill as "Greengrass" in Heatbeat and all the antics the character got upto

RIP Bill Maynard

Comment

R.I.P. Bill Maynard.
              Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                R.I.P. Bill Maynard.
                Wow , Selwyn Froggatt ?

I presumed he'd died decades ago for some reason .

Wonder why we never see the old series and many other great old comedies either ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bill also played the chef wearing a sweaty vest, in a restaurant, in the movie spin off of Man About the House
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Maynard had always given me the illusion that he was from Yorkshire (hence the YTV sitcoms and Heartbeat), but he actually came from Surrey (I think) and lived in Leicestershire.

Just imagine if that poster for Maynard's Wine Gums were not displayed when he walked past it in London many decades ago - he probably would have had a different stage name!

I saw him in the Bless This House film, and I think he also appeared in one of those Robin Askwith (who also appeared in the Bless This House film) Confessions films as well.

And to think that he tried to stop Tony Benn from becoming MP for Chesterfield at that 1984 by-election.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                    X