Radio Jingles - best ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Jingles - best ones

I always liked the Mike Read and/or BBC 1 early morning "good morning, good morning from all of the all the crew" from the mid to late 80s and Simon Mayyo's mornbing Jingles!

Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs was quite good too - but not in the same leauge's as Mayo's and Read's!

** On a sub-note (or 2) with Mike Read - I have never got why ewther Mike Read or the sadly departed Mike Reid of Frank Butcher (EastEnders fame) did not have to change their name - ablietre is an acute slight spelling difference - but it's nothing I'd have thought in regards to equity names and either way I thought the rellevent people would easily of said "one of you 2 Mike's have to give in" 9at least for confusion purposes - even though the 2 spellings was not an exact match. Myfinal Mike Read/ Mike Reid curiosity haks back to my Head of PE at my first Secondary also sharing the name Mike Reid (I think it was Reid as so anyway) and to push the boat a tad further - through sketchy memory, facial-wise he did quite resemble Steve Wright - not as we made any of these connections back then - but I'm sure he'd of loved the link with either other or both Mike's, being one of the better amicable Teachers there

80sChav

Re: Radio Jingles - best ones

Radio 2 had some great jingles in the late 1970s and early 1980s - if only I was 20 years older (not younger you understand), I would have been able to listen to Colin Berry (or Bill Rennells) doing Nightride hearing his jingles - some of them surfaced on BBC 3CR some ten years ago when he did that Saturday evening show there.

Regarding the Mike Read and Reid confusion, there was an episode of Through the Keyhole from around 1988 where Grossman did both Mike Read and Mike Reid's homes in the same episode!

Don't get me started on Paul Merton, and Paul Murton or even Paul Merson! Garth Crooks and Garth Brooks etc...
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Capital Radio in London had some fantastic jingles.

my favourites are around the 6:21 and 13:42 mark. There was one I recall for Michael Aspel ("...makes your mornin') which isn't included.
      Also the Beeb's jingle were great too.

Comment

I wish I could find the "Mike Read - "Good Morning, Good Morning from all of the Crew", circa very late 80s/early 90s

As well Simon Mayo's was great from that era in how it was pronnounced "Siimoon Mayo" drawn/drawled out I thought
        80sChav

Comment

The Radio Caroline jingles stand out for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuEZCnebecQ
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I rather like the funny adverts sometimes aired on TalkSport ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I used to listen to Caesar the Boogieman on Invicta FM in the late '80s/early '90s, and he had some funny jingles.

Comment

I liked the ones on Radio One in the early 70s where they got stars to record versions of their songs with changed lyrics. The (only?) ones I remember were for Noel Edmonds.
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

A lot of early jingles for Radio 1 & 2 were by PAMS of Dallas, & many were originally used on American radio stations, but were rerecorded for the BBC.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                    He was funny!
                    I used to listen to Caesar the Boogieman on Invicta FM in the late '80s/early '90s, and he had some funny jingles.
                    I remember listening to his show when I was out of work for a while, circa 1992. May even have a show recorded someplace...

Comment

Love this man always listened in when growing up!!!
                      Always ready for chat.

Comment

Pretty well anything by the late great Kenny Everett.

I also liked the Danny Baker show's jingle on Radio 5 Live, before the BBC threw him under a bus.

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/campb...r-show-jingle/

Comment

Travelling around the country when on my journey to Liverpool and back, I went through four different BBC local radio station areas (Leicester, WM, Stoke and Merseyside), and it's amazing how the jingles are exactly the same compared to 25 years ago. Back then, you could easily guess whether a station was based in the north or the south from its tune.
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

O, O, O, 208, Radio Luxemburg? Then the early LBC 261/407 and Capital Radio jingles stand out for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X