80's kids tv show UPDATE, NEW INFO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's kids tv show UPDATE, NEW INFO!

Following on from my previous post I have found out some new information. It was infact called Just for fun, to do with Pob, who introduced other shows. The 'dolly' was called Rebecca, although I can't find anything online about this. I still have no idea what the 'sand town' bit was called. I found the following info Pob's own children's programming block called 'Just 4 Fun' which was shown on Channel 4 for half an hour at 12pm. It had 'Rebecca' and 'Make Music Fun', plus other programmes like 'Danger Mouse', 'Moschops' and other international cartoons. This is a youtube clip from Pobs intro bit and also very quickley features 'Rebecca', if it jogs anyones memory? I really want to find the 'sand town' prog though! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUA_7LQirxI

Re: 80's kids tv show UPDATE, NEW INFO!

I don't seem to remember that, unless I blocked it out of my memory, Pob's Programme was bad enough!

Comment

Pob's Programme was quite controversial - parents complained that it encouraged children to spit because of the way that the puppet did on glass after blowing into it.

I used to do the "inverted cheeks" thing that Pob used to do with his face.

And also there was a Channel 4 series on Sunday mornings that had some sort of tag attached to a huge iron gate and a minor celebrity guest who was to appear with Pob would find it attached before going through the gate, and would replace it on the gate at the end of the episode for the following week's celebrity guest. That is what I remember anyway.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yes that was the first original thing Pob was in. Following the string. I remember that. Whoever invented Pob definatley led a wild 90's lifestyle!

Comment

I remember Pob being quite weird at times.

One boy I knew at School looked a bit like him, & would do impressions.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
          X