Forgotten cartoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forgotten cartoons

Talking about blobby things my younger brother used to like watching Barbapapa when he was little. I doubt if many people will remember it. I have a feeling it did not run for long on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
      Talking about blobby things my younger brother used to like watching Barbapapa when he was little. I doubt if many people will remember it. I have a feeling it did not run for long on TV.
      Babapappa, Babamumma and Bababubba, I remember that. My grandparents had a book about them too. Is from some herdy gerdy country which explains the oddness.

Comment

France I think......The imaginary place we only heard about in language classes at school.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
          France I think......The imaginary place we only heard about in language classes at school.
          It's a bit before my time but my Mum made my brother a Barbapapa soft toy when he was young, which might still be in their loft.

There were quite a few Barbapapa books, which might have been written before the cartoon.

IIRC it was created by an American living in France.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Wish they'd show the old Deputy Dawg series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I loved Barbapapa. A big pink lump that changed shape.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdtKKvHM79A

Here's a little something I think was shown as part of Swap Shop in the late 70's. I have spoke to people about this in the past and usually get a blank stare back.

Comment

Actually from the late fifties, The Singing Ringing Tree

Probably Germany's way of getting back at us from them losing the war lol
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                    Actually from the late fifties, The Singing Ringing Tree

Probably Germany's way of getting back at us from them losing the war lol
                    The Fast Show did a spoof of it as an example of Channel 9's programming.

Comment

I've been looking for a cartoon for a very long time. Plot description: The main characters are famous Disney princesses depicted as little girls. I know that the plot takes place in the forest and that the princesses have gathered around a campfire where each of them is telling a story. It's an episodic cartoon, I think it came out in the period 2009-2014, don't take my word for it!

Comment

Was the baddie in Danger Mouse a frog? For some reason I think I've always thought he was... now I'm not sure, although he was green.
                        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                          Was the baddie in Danger Mouse a frog? For some reason I think I've always thought he was... now I'm not sure, although he was green.
                          Baron Greenback?

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                            A Toad
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I was close!

The fluffy white 'pet' used to confuse me too. Caterpillar?

I probably watched more Doctor Snuggles and Barbapapa. I knew a badger when I saw one, and those blob creatures were just their own things (being themselves as a Byrds song might've said).
                              My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                                What cartoons from the 1980s and 90s do you think are now forgotten or have faded into obscurity? Include details about which year they were shown and the TV channel - such as BBC on Saturday mornings in 1987, or CITV weekday afternoons in 1995 if you can remember them.
                                Technically a 70's production, but "The Red And The Blue" was a standout for me, for its occasional unabashed violent undertones, at least, for the time, and it being a children's show. Episodes can be found on Youtube under the channel name "MISSERI ANIMATIONS".

Comment

Working...
                                X