Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp Coffee

Default Camp Coffee

Who remembers Camp Coffee?

It's still available
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT1350.jpg  

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Default Re: Camp Coffee

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT1350.jpg  

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

My mother used to have some "to settle her stomach" after an evening meal - she couldn't put up with all this filter or Nescafe stuff, and she never drunk "the proper stuff" unless she was in a café somewhere in Skegness or Blackpool.

I have this feeling that my thread about Crown Cup Coffee might have inspired this one...
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

There was some controversy a few years back that Asian shopkeepers refused to put it on their shelves because of the picture on the bottle's label - something that had been traditional for many years until then. It shown the Indian person as a servant, and some people thought it was racist, so they changed it to the design that you can see in the picture above.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I have this feeling that my thread about Crown Cup Coffee might have inspired this one...
    You got it George

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    There was some controversy a few years back that Asian shopkeepers refused to put it on their shelves because of the picture on the bottle's label - something that had been traditional for many years until then. It shown the Indian person as a servant, and some people thought it was racist, so they changed it to the design that you can see in the picture above.
    I saw a photoshopped one a few years ago, with one of them sitting on the other's lap, and called "Very Camp Coffee"! Can't find it now though.

Thing is Claire, the original definition of the word 'Camp' was to go camping with a tent or caravan

Similarly the word "Gay; the definition of 'Gay' is to be happy

I've never tried this, mostly because instant is so common.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Haven't had it for years. I quite like it, because it's a different flavour.
    Bloke I used to work with liked it, and he'd ask me if I wanted a cup occasionally.
    Funnily enough we were only talking about it here a week or so ago.

My late Dads favorite, brings back memories seeing this, didnt know its still going!