• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Coffee

Who remembers Camp Coffee?

It's still available
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Camp Coffee

Attached Files
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

My mother used to have some "to settle her stomach" after an evening meal - she couldn't put up with all this filter or Nescafe stuff, and she never drunk "the proper stuff" unless she was in a café somewhere in Skegness or Blackpool.

I have this feeling that my thread about Crown Cup Coffee might have inspired this one...
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

There was some controversy a few years back that Asian shopkeepers refused to put it on their shelves because of the picture on the bottle's label - something that had been traditional for many years until then. It shown the Indian person as a servant, and some people thought it was racist, so they changed it to the design that you can see in the picture above.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
          I have this feeling that my thread about Crown Cup Coffee might have inspired this one...
          You got it George
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            There was some controversy a few years back that Asian shopkeepers refused to put it on their shelves because of the picture on the bottle's label - something that had been traditional for many years until then. It shown the Indian person as a servant, and some people thought it was racist, so they changed it to the design that you can see in the picture above.
            I saw a photoshopped one a few years ago, with one of them sitting on the other's lap, and called "Very Camp Coffee"! Can't find it now though.

Comment

Thing is Claire, the original definition of the word 'Camp' was to go camping with a tent or caravan

Similarly the word "Gay; the definition of 'Gay' is to be happy
              sigpic

Comment

I've never tried this, mostly because instant is so common.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Haven't had it for years. I quite like it, because it's a different flavour.
                  Bloke I used to work with liked it, and he'd ask me if I wanted a cup occasionally.
                  Funnily enough we were only talking about it here a week or so ago.

Comment

My late Dads favorite, brings back memories seeing this, didnt know its still going!

Comment

You can make a nice coffee cake using a bit of Camp Coffee.

Comment

Working...
                      X