Seven Second Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven Second Delay

Quite a few radio stations have a seven second delay, for their phone-ins, to filter out swearing or libellous talk by their callers

I wonder how this works
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Seven Second Delay

I remember Caesar the Boogieman (on Invicta) was always referring to it.

Comment

Basically just record it from voice and play it back to broadcast a few seconds later I'd have thought.

Comment

I remember TFI Friday supposedly having it in use for the early screenings, though a few swears by guests slipped through.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Talk Radio UK used to have this, and people used to listen via their radios when they were taking part in phone ins rather than their telephones. Some presenters used to move on to the next caller when it came to people doing that.

I have wondered whether the radio station itself was on a time delay - for example, when it came to the Big Ben's chimes on New Year's Day, would the new year start at seven seconds after midnight?

Of course, they didn't have this on Going Live! did they? Certainly not when Five Star were guests on there on April Fool's Day in 1989.

Also, I assume that it is how a lot of the +1 channels work as well - play it back with a time delay - one hour in this case.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

This also happens on TV
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
              This also happens on TV
              Yes, it's a good job that Big Ben in the News at Ten opening titles didn't have a second hand on it.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
              X