Johnny Hates Jazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Hates Jazz

JHJ were an excellent boy band of the 80s. I love their album Turn Back The Clock, which includes Shattered Dreams, the title cut and Heart Of Gold.

Too bad they only released one successful album, before taking on board a new singer (apparently an ex bass player from The Cure).

Oh well. Great memories of days gone by.

Re: Johnny Hates Jazz

Mrs P like JHJ at the time. There were quite a few bands of the same ilk around that time that had a couple of hits then disappeared. Living in a Box, Haircut 100. Curiosity Killed the Cat etc.
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Comment

I liked JHJ. I'd have liked them to have lasted longer.
      I had the Turn Back The Clock album on cassette, but re-bought it on CD many years later. I love every track, but the title track remains my fav.
      I Don't Want To Be A Hero , and Don't Say It's Love get me singing along too.

I never heard a Clark Datchler solo song, but remember his solo single being advertised in the teen mags. And I remember the Datchler-less JHJ new single also being advertised, but didn't hear that track 'til it turned up on a budget JHJ hits collection, many years later.

Comment

I bought Turn Back The Clock a while back when I found it at a record fair.

It's interesting that the LP got to number 1 when none of their singles did.

Brother Beyond were any group around that time that seemed to fade way.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
        X