• Show
Clear All

• Fishernman's Friend

Who remembers Fisherman's Friend?

A pack of strong cough sweets

Now they come in a variety of flavours

Attached Files
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Fishernman's Friend

Were they actually marketed as sweets, or were they of a medicinal nature? I am trying to think of whether they would have been placed next to the Mars Bars in the newsagents, or next to the Nurofen in Boots. I suppose that it's like Tunes or Lockets and all that - on the borderline between being a sweet and something you need to go to the chemist for. It is also like the old Jaffa Cake "is a cake or a biscuit?" phenonium.

The adverts seem to feature some woman waving goodbye her partner (in full Navy uniform) who was going out to sea and was about to get on his boat, and she says "don't forget these, will you?" handing him the white packet of Fisherman's Friend, saying that they will stop him from getting a cold.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Re: Fishernman's Friend

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      Were they actually marketed as sweets, or were they of a medicinal nature? I am trying to think of whether they would have been placed next to the Mars Bars in the newsagents, or next to the Nurofen in Boots. I suppose that it's like Tunes or Lockets and all that - on the borderline between being a sweet and something you need to go to the chemist for. It is also like the old Jaffa Cake "is a cake or a biscuit?" phenonium.

The adverts seem to feature some woman waving goodbye her partner (in full Navy uniform) who was going out to sea and was about to get on his boat, and she says "don't forget these, will you?" handing him the white packet of Fisherman's Friend, saying that they will stop him from getting a cold.
      Jaffa cakes are indeed classed as a cake and are therefore exempt from vat , my wife was sucking on a fishermans friend just yesterday....it over to you!
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
      X