Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Renting Televisions

Default Re: Renting Televisions

Telebank now that is a blast from the past. I remember a friend from school whose parents had a Telebank TV back in the early 90s, a pound would last 2 hours. Telebank would put ads on the local papers i think until 2001.

Telebank is called Box Clever, and yes it seems that people still rent TV's

I thought that renting televisions disappeared at some point in the 1990s when the cost of sets went down, or were consolidated at least.

I believe that Granada (the TV rental arm, not the ITV company) became part of Box Clever in the 1990s.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I thought that renting televisions disappeared at some point in the 1990s when the cost of sets went down, or were consolidated at least.

I believe that Granada (the TV rental arm, not the ITV company) became part of Box Clever in the 1990s.
    In the end most of the rental companies seemed to merge together.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Kodiak starring Clint Walker on Anglia, Camp runamok also Anglia, The liars brilliant series itv 60s, pilgrims progress very bizzare sureal series itv god slot, your life in their hands bbc reality from 1960s, Alternative 3, spoof Anglia docu notorious in its time worth googling! Strange world of gurney slade, been nothing like it before or since, atv networked but shunted to a late night slot after 3 episodes, Adventures of don quick Lwt prod very low budget sci-fi suffered same fate, ed allen time, U.S. fitness show ytv 70s, The partners, u.s. police comedy, Bizarre, Canadian adult style comedy half hour show, Wait till your father gets home, u.s. fore runner to The simpsons,

Sorry wrong thread, oops.shouldve been in "tv shows only you can remember.