RIP Leslie Grantham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Leslie Grantham

Former EastEnders star Leslie Grantham a.k.a. Dirty Den has died at the age of 71. He was also host of the gameshow Fort Boyard
    10 years ago, I saw him in a stage version of Dad's Army in our local theatre. Link included if you want to take a look.
    http://www.entertainmentsouthwales.c...sodes-new.html

Re: RIP Leslie Grantham

This is really sad news to know/learn of Leslie's passing. To say Leslie was part of Modern Soap life is an understatement at worst - what an absloute legend Leslie sure was as well as being the first voice to speak on Eastenders - the figure of 30 Million viewers (or whichever nearest round figure) will never be ever beaten now in modern times - unless a disaster happened and the Internet and Sky all stopped being here.

Thinking back to those day's of EastEnders - not as I watched the '86 special but it is like "land time forgot" and total folklore in terms of History and Soaps and sure Monday follows Tuesday - Leslie made that History there was the legend that was Dirty Den Watts, as well too as Leslie made acting look so so easy to boot too.

What a lovley glowing tribute Anita Dobson has given Leslie on the BBC too. When i think back now nearly none of the first original Middle-Aged to older EastEnders crowd are with us now - which includes people the likes of Bill Treacher, Wendy Richard, Pete Dean, Mike Read . All these actors along with Leslie was very un-known and just made eastEnders what it is today as well as the younger ones too like Tish Dean, Sue Tully and forme to any EastEnders Fan and Soap Fan we should be grateful to all of this era through guiding it through extremley turbulent Seas, when just like Neighbours it could very fairy easily have been axed

RIP Leslie Grantham

Comment

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
      10 years ago, I saw him in a stage version of Dad's Army in our local theatre. Link included if you want to take a look.
      http://www.entertainmentsouthwales.c...sodes-new.html
      I can't really see him as Walker. I'd have thought he's be better as Hodges, the ARP Warden.

Comment

Rip Dirty Den What A Legend Leslie Grantham Was .

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

I never knew this till his passing, he served 10 years in Jail prior to Eastenders for killing a Taxi Driver in Germany. Maybe that's what made him more convincing as Dirty Den?

Comment

Talking of EastEnders:

EastEnders was inspired by Channel 4's Brookside
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Eastenders also carried over some of the production team from Angels, which was shown in a soap like 2 30 minute episodes per week in it's later years.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
              X