Obscure/One Hit Wonder Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscure/One Hit Wonder Bands

Who can think of any bands; either obscure or bands who were one (or few) Hit Wonders?

As posted here on the Bands sub-forum there is Russian Punk band Сектор Газа aka Sektor Gaza

Then there is Frijjid Pink with their version of House of the Rising Sun

Can anyone come up with any more?
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Obscure/One Hit Wonder Bands

Dream Academy, "Life in a Northern Town"
    Fiction Factory, "Feels Like Heaven"
    Doublé, "The Captain of Her Heart"
    It Bites, "Calling All the Heroes"

And, a band who were big on the other side of the world, but only had one hit here (should have been bigger!): Split Enz, "I Got You"

Comment

& get the sick bucket for these two lol

Grandad by Clive Dunn

&

Grandma by the Winnifred's School Choir
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I wonder why either of them were only one hit wonders

Listen to them & you'll see why lol
        sigpic

Comment

Leave It by Mike McGear (aka Mike McCartney, Pauls' brother, ex-Scaffold)

Attached Files
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Do one hit wonder bands or singers count if they had one number one hit, and then a non-hit that only got as far as number 57 in the charts, and then nothing? That seemed to be the case in the 1980s.

The Chicken Song by Spitting Image? (They did have a minor hit at Christmas 1986, I know).

I remember reading that Prince Charles actually thought at one point that they were a genuine pop group - but then one wouldn't blame him for not watching the TV series considering how they treated his family over the years.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

What band was it that sang Star Trekking as a tribute to Star Trek?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                What band was it that sang Star Trekking as a tribute to Star Trek?
                The Firm.

Comment

A guilty pleasure of mine...

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                    The Firm.
                    Also did "Arthur Daley E's Alright".

Comment

Not to be confused with these herberts...

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                        Also did "Arthur Daley E's Alright".
                        I have always thought that it sounded like a Half Man, Half Biscuit song title.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Animal Nightlife, they had minor hits with "Mr Solitaire" & "Love is the Great Pretender", keep bumping into their former lead singer in the bushes in Epping Forest (snigger!!) and Blue Rondo a La Turke who had minor hits with "Me & Mr Sanchez" and "Klactoveesedstein", both bands were part of the latin club revival which was so in yer face back in the early 80's, gawd knows where it came from!!? Was just a tad too pretentious for its own good.

Comment

Anne Nightingale played some obscurities. I remember hearing "Lamb Kebab" by Andy Pandemonium, "Fish Heads" by Barnes & Barnes, something by Fischer Z, "Rossmore Road" and "Win a Night Out With a Well Known Paranoiac" by Barry Andrews (formerly of XTC).

Comment

Ah yes, Fish Heads! One of Barnes & Barnes was Billy Mumy, "Will Robinson" in Lost In Space!

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X