Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was this old BBC Kids program?

For a long time now I've been racking my brains and searching the net to
    try and out more about this old TV show I remember seeing in the early 90s on either BBC1/BBC2 as I don't remember any adverts during the program.

Set in an old wooden house on the edge of a cliff, the final/credits image was usually of the house. The house itself was perched on a kind of outcrop next to the cliff edge, if you've ever played Skyrim think College Of Winterhold and you get the idea

It revolved around a man called Mr B/Bee? And his female assistant/friend? Living in said House

House was "sentient" but not alive/moving, and on command it could drop items down a small chute, upon which Mr B or whoever would usually remark "thank you House"

I know I've seen the actor who played Mr B in other things but right now they escape me, I do remember him as a tallish but not slim man, maybe late 40s early 50s (at the time), greying hair, and facially wise looked a bit like Patrick Troughton but definitely wasn't him

The program did also have a story cutaway segment for each episode, usually read/introduced by Mr B, his assistant or a guest (I think they had Su Pollard on there at some point but I could be wrong)

Also this could be me miss remembering it but part of me seems to remember this was part of a program like Words & Pictures which rotated it's "setting" for each episode every now and again, however I could be completely off the mark on that front.

Lastly again I could be mis remembering again but we had a couple of episodes recorded on VHS (sadly can't find it anymore) but i seem to remember on the same VHS rape we had recordings of The Herbs, which would have been recorded roughly around the same time so if anyone can remember when that was re-run in the 90s on tv it might help narrow it down!

Re: What was this old BBC Kids program?

Could it have been The Book Tower?

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon Factor View Post
      That was on ITV.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon Factor View Post
        Unfortunately not, that was just before my time as that ended in ‘89 and this was definitely into the 90s as I do remember being in my first years of primary school when it was on

Comment

Love the chuckle brothers and really sad to hear of the passing of Barry sad loss to a true children's entertainer
          Always ready for chat.

Comment

So captain, were the chuckle brothers in it?
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlyn View Post
              Love the chuckle brothers and really sad to hear of the passing of Barry sad loss to a true children's entertainer
              I heard that they were on the board of a football club and at the next game the home fans were chanting 'to me' and the away fans 'to you' !

Nearly as funny as the keeper Andy Gorum chant after he was diagnosed as schizophrenic .

The fans chanted ..

" there's only TWO Andy Gorums !!

Pure genius !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                I heard that they were on the board of a football club and at the next game the home fans were chanting 'to me' and the away fans 'to you' !

Nearly as funny as the keeper Andy Gorum chant after he was diagnosed as schizophrenic .

The fans chanted ..

" there's only TWO Andy Gorums !!

Pure genius !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yes Rotherham United Barry's funeral was held there they were both made honoury life presidents.
                Always ready for chat.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                  So captain, were the chuckle brothers in it?
                  No they weren't...not really sure why they've been brought up to be honest?? I mean I know Barry died recent and that's sad as I loved Chucklevision but they've got nothing to do with what this thread is about

Comment

Working...
                  X