Thread: Blood Transfusion Biccies

Default Blood Transfusion Biccies

Years ago when you donated blood they offered you tea & coffee & invited you to help yourself from a family tin of biscuits

Nowadays the selection is wider

Not only biscuits but also bags of crisps & cakes

As for biscuits, they are now in individual packs of three all to do with hygiene

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Default Re: Blood Transfusion Biccies

Was it similar to the sugar lump that the nurse gave you after giving the MMR (or was it BCG) vaccine?

Your post reminded me of that "Jenny Jones is a blood donor" PIF from the mid 1980s that was shown during afternoon ITV programmes (on Central at least).
    I am a man (just in case anyone asks).

And of course the Tony Hancock sketch

He thinks the blood sample is the donation

lol

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

I don't remember the family tins of biscuits, but do recall ordinary packets of biscuits--digestives, malted milk, nice, sometimes chocolate digestives being on a table for you to help yourself. Last time I went it was all individually wrapped packs of 2 or 3 and a selection of wrapped Club biscuits. I also miss the old style beds that you would lay on, rather than these new tipping chairs they have now.

Have you hit fifty yet Staffslad?

Fifty pints of blood that is

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    And of course the Tony Hancock sketch

He thinks the blood sample is the donation

lol
    "A pint? That's very nearly an armful!" That was part of Hancock's Half Hour and not a PIF wasn't it? I am sure he appeared in one however.

In around 2003 I went for an appointment at the Queen's Medical Centre (and overcoming the thought of my arm being used as a temporary pincushion) I had some blood taken from my arm by a nurse, as a way of seeing whether I would be compatible with something that a relative was having at around that time - probably something to do with the kidneys or gallbladder, I can't quite remember. I don't think that the aftermath was sponsored by McVitie's or Fox's however.
    I am a man (just in case anyone asks).