Old TV listings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old TV listings?

are there any sites that have old TV listings from the 80s or 90s?

i remember finding a newspaper archive of a Glasgow newspaper online which had listings in it. but for the life of me i haven't been able to find it again.

Re: Old TV listings?

There was one from a few years ago but it no longer exists online - I think it was called TV and Radio Bits or something like that - it was very selective with regards to dates etc.

I know it's not the same thing, but I often use the library websites to access The Times and UK Press Online (also via library access) to get the TV listings pages from the Mirror and the Express. It was costing me a fortune paying every time I wanted to do some research for something that I was doing, but I contacted a library (not my local one, may I add) and got myself a library card in the post and membership of the UKPOL website.

There was also the TV Times archive that is only available to students based at further and higher education establishments - I have never had access to it, but I assume that it was like the BBC Genome with the listings retyped and is rather low on nostalgia value. At least we have the BBC Genome - I wouldn't mind a TV Times version available to the public just like the Radio Times version.

Google had a page full of old uncomplete newspaper archives (which was where you got your Glasgow newspaper details), but most of them were American, and quite often are local papers that have namesakes with British towns and counties, almost giving the illusion that they are British when they are actually not. The Glasgow Herald was one of them, although of course it gives a Scottish spin on things (STV and Grampian listings) that might be of very little use to those south of the border.

Hope this helps.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Here's a link to the Glasgow Herald newspaper archive:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=GGgVawPscysC

The Glasgow Evening Times is also available online:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2mus-XyGPC0C

Comment

Personally, for BBC I use the BBC Genome site which has information of television listings from it’s start in 1936 to 2010 and for ITV I use RadioSoundsFamiliar which doesn’t have anywhere near the amount of TV Times scans as there were published but contains a good amount of interest.

Comment

Working...
        X