Thread: The champions

Default The champions

I loved this show, nemesis agents Sharon,Richard and Craig crimefighters with special powers such as telepathy and super-strength. The show starred Alexandra bastedo as Sharon who i seem to remember was a former beauty queen. The theme tune was one of the best from this genre which was played over shots of Geneva i think (happy to be corrected) the huge fountain was iconic.I dont remember any of the actors starring in anything else however?

Default Re: The champions

ok so apparently bastedo was in batman begins and wait for it....Eastenders!

Remember her from a notorious double bill in the 70s called "Blood spattered bride" along with "I dismember mama" , watch the hilarious trailer for "bride" on imdb.

Quote Originally Posted by angliaknight View Post
    Remember her from a notorious double bill in the 70s called "Blood spattered bride" along with "I dismember mama" , watch the hilarious trailer for "bride" on imdb.
    Apparently part of the "lesbian vampire"genre....i must of been living in a cave the past 10 years!, bastedo died of cancer 4 years ago but she did reunite with her champions co-stars a few years earlier,can be found on you tube for anybody interested

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    I loved this show, nemesis agents Sharon,Richard and Craig crimefighters with special powers such as telepathy and super-strength. The show starred Alexandra bastedo as Sharon who i seem to remember was a former beauty queen. The theme tune was one of the best from this genre which was played over shots of Geneva i think (happy to be corrected) the huge fountain was iconic.I dont remember any of the actors starring in anything else however?
    I remember William Gaunt being in plenty of television shows. I vaguely recall a sitcom with a young Martin Clunes as his son... In pretty sure he was in one of the soaps for a while.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk